Industry News | August 15, 2012
16 Handles Bows Four New York City Stores
16 Handles, the innovative frozen yogurt and dessert brand that started the self-serve frozen yogurt revolution in New York City, is expanding across the New York metro area with four new locations:
• Chelsea, 16 Handles’ newest store that recently opened at 178 8th Ave. between 19th and 20th Streets.
• Murray Hill, which is slated to open late August at 428 3rd Ave. between 29th and 30th Streets.
• SoHo, set to open in October at 240 Lafayette Ave. between Spring and Prince Streets.
• West Village, opening in November at 245 Bleecker St. between Carmine and Leroy Streets.
With 26 locations in five states, 16 Handles is known for setting the pace for the frozen yogurt industry by allowing consumers to “Flaunt Their Flavor.”
Stores offer 16 flavors of self-serve frozen yogurt, an endless toppings bar stocked fresh with traditional and chef-inspired toppings, and innovative menu items including Whip Ups, blended frozen yogurt creations.
An award-winning brand, 16 Handles is known for its fun and “chill” lounge-like atmosphere that encourages guests to stay awhile.
“We opened the very first 16 Handles in the East Village in 2008, and the reception from New Yorkers was astounding from the start,” says Solomon Choi, founder and CEO of 16 Handles. “Since then, we have evolved into something much larger than just self-serve frozen yogurt. We’ve become a brand that New Yorkers are passionate about; our stores are gathering spots for all types of urbanites—from toddlers to seniors and students to professionals. Expanding across New York has always been our goal, and we’ll continue to look for viable locations across all five boroughs so that we can bring more smiles—and more frozen yogurt possibilities—to more faces.”
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems