Industry News | February 27, 2009
Arby's Battles McDonald's for Burger Business
The survey revealed that more than half (55 percent) of burger lovers said fast-food burgers can be too greasy, while 40 percent said they can be too dry. In addition, 45 percent of respondents said their number one fast food ‘beef’ is the quality of meat. With Roastburgers, fast food fans finally have a refreshing departure from the standard burger.
Never fried or greasy, Arby’s Roastburger sandwiches are available in three delicious varieties:
- All-American Roastburger – Features Arby’s thinly sliced, oven-roasted roast beef with fresh lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, ketchup, mustard, and a secret sauce served on a specialty roll
- Bacon and Bleu Cheese Roastburger – Also boasts Arby’s classic roast beef, but this flavorful ‘burger’ is prepared with pepper bacon, a tangy bleu cheese spread, lettuce, tomato and onion on a specialty roll
- Bacon and Cheddar Roastburger – Is served piled high with Arby’s signature roast beef as well as pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion on a specialty roll
“Roastburgers offer a tasty new way for burger lovers to satisfy their cravings while avoiding burger boredom,” says Steve Davis, Arby’s Chief Marketing Officer. “At Arby’s, we’re always looking for new ways to offer our customers something different and better in fast food.”
Arby’s is going head-to-head with its competitors’ hamburgers in its new advertising to launch Roastburgers. A live-action television ad called “Warning” shows a frozen hamburger patty flying through an Arby’s restaurant window. Tied to the patty is a note that says: “Stop making the new Arby’s Roastburger, or else.” Workers toss the patty into a bucket already full of other competitors’ frozen patties, mutter a combined “ooooh, scary,” and then begin laughing. The commercial then focuses on product shots of Roastburgers to show how the competition is getting nervous about Arby’s.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems