Industry News | March 17, 2009
Arby's Gives Basketball Fans a Reason to Cheer for an Upset
If a 16-seeded team beats a No. 1 seed in the opening round of the Men’s Division 1 college basketball tournament on either March 19 or 20, Arby’s will give away one All-American Roastburger sandwich on Monday, March 23, 2009. Customers must bring in proof of the win, such as the game’s box score, a newspaper article, or press release, to receive a free All-American Roastburger. Redemption to take place during operating hours (hours vary by location), limit one All-American Roastburger sandwich, per customer, while supplies last. Offer subject to conditions. Valid at participating Arby’s locations only. Additional information and offer conditions will be made available to consumers in store.
“Each year at this time, people crave that Cinderella story, the team that takes everyone by surprise,” says Jason Abelkop, senior vice president, Marketing and National Media, Arby’s Restaurant Group Inc. “Our new Roastburgers offer an unexpected change from standard greasy burgers.”
Roastburgers, the burgers done better, pair Arby’s signature, oven-roasted, freshly sliced roast beef with classic burger toppings. Varieties include:
- All-American: Thinly sliced, oven roasted roast beef topped with fresh lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, ketchup, mustard, and a secret sauce served on a toasted specialty roll.
- Bacon and Bleu Cheese: Thinly sliced, oven roasted roast beef topped with pepper bacon and bleu cheese spread, fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion served on a toasted specialty roll.
- Bacon and Cheddar: Thinly sliced, oven-roasted roast beef topped with pepper bacon and cheddar cheese, fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion served on a toasted specialty roll.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems