Industry News | November 7, 2011
Arby's Works To End Child Hunger
Arby's Restaurant Group and the Arby's Foundation have cooked up a hat trick of new initiatives to score their goal of helping to end childhood hunger in America.
After an initial donation to Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign of $300,000, and in celebration of No Kid Hungry's First Anniversary, three nationwide efforts are underway, including:
- Check-in for Charity with Foursquare – the Arby's Foundation will donate $1 for every Foursquare check-in (up to $50,000) to Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign during November 2011
- National Restaurant Fundraising Campaign – Arby's Restaurants are asking their guests to share a good mood with a $1 donation to help No Kid Hungry's goal of ending childhood hunger in America by 2015. Arby's will in turn provide the guests with coupons for $1 off the new Ultimate Angus Philly sandwich on their next visit to Arby's. One hundred percent of all funds raised in the restaurants will be given to the No Kid Hungry Campaign.
- Arby's is also sharing its strength by helping to raise the count on No Kid Hungry's consumer pledges via social media, in-store awareness and the new Arby's Kids Meals.
"The impact of hunger is universal in a child's life. It affects everything from their ability to concentrate in school, to their ability to sleep well. And yes, hunger does affect a child's mood," says Kate Atwood, executive director of the Arby's Foundation.
"One in five children in America is suffering from hunger, so it's easy to understand the urgency for change. We're already seeing that Arby's customers really care about this cause. They get it and they want to help."
The mission of the Arby's Foundation is to ensure that all children in America have access to wholesome food, because every child deserves to learn, play and grow.
The foundation has pledged a minimum of $1 million to the No Kid Hungry Campaign by the end of 2011. The fourth quarter pledge is just the beginning of a multi-year national partnership with the nonprofit.
A portion of purchases of the new Arby's Kids Meals featuring more nutritious choices help to fund the Arby's Foundation.
Atlanta-based Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. is the second largest quick-service sandwich chain in the U.S. with more than 3,600 restaurants systemwide.
Since 1986, the Arby's Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization, has raised more than $52 million to support youth initiatives in the communities the foundation serves.
Share Our Strength, a national nonprofit, is ending childhood hunger in America by connecting children with the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, active lives through its No Kid Hungry Campaign (a national effort to end childhood hunger in America by 2015).
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems