Au Bon Pain announced the availability of new summer menu items at its U.S. cafes. Available from June 23 until Aug. 24, 2014, the special menu will feature seasonal options for the warmer summer months, including a Lobster Salad Sandwich, Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup, and Toasted Coconut Latte, available hot or iced for $1.99.
New Petit Plates are also part of the summer menu. These are smaller sized portions, intended to eat as a snack, an add-on to a soup or sandwich, or as a small individual meal. Most Petit Plates contain fewer than 340 calories.
“Summer is a special time of year, when people like to change the pace of their daily lives to enjoy the sunshine, warmer weather, and fresh foods of the season. To celebrate the summer and the relaxed state of mind, we’re delighted to offer our fresh summer menu lineup,” says Maria Feicht, Au Bon Pain’s Chief Branding Officer. “We invite our guests to try all the new additions to the summer menu or their favorite staple menu item.”
Additionally, guests at Au Bon Pain this summer can continue to enjoy popular selections from the spring menu, including the BBQ Chicken and Fresh Fruit & Baby Kale salads, the lemon CroisBun (part croissant, part bun with lemon sweet cheese filling), and mini pies (available in blueberry or strawberry rhubarb flavors).
“It’s always a pleasure to see which seasonal menu items our guests enjoy the most. With our summer menu, we’re pleased to join together our staple menu items with customized options for summer alongside favorites from our late spring menu,” Feicht says. “We look forward to celebrating the summer season with our guests by showcasing these delicious new options that speak to every appetite.”
Au Bon Pain's new summer menu and ingredients include:
· Lobster Salad Sandwich—North Atlantic lobster with lite mayo, lettuce and tomatoes on a sweet bread (440 calories)
· Lemon Orzo Chicken Soup—Orzo, pulled chicken, carrots and celery in a chicken broth with a touch of cream (available in small/medium/large sizes; 160, 230, and 310 calories)
· Toasted Coconut Latte (Iced or Hot)— Espresso and toasted coconut syrup topped with frothed milk, available iced or hot (260 calories)
Petit Plate options and ingredients include:
· Brie, Cheddar and Fruit with Crackers—Brie, cheddar, red grapes and assorted crackers (310 calories)
· Wheatberry Waldorf Salad—Wheatberries, Granny Smith apples, dried cranberries and walnuts tossed with citrus dressing and topped with arugula (310 calories)
· Chicken, Chickpea and Tomato Salad—All-natural chicken with a touch of pesto, chickpeas and roasted tomatoes tossed with balsamic vinaigrette on a bed of arugula (200 calories)
· Hummus and Pita Chip Snack Pack—Classic hummus and multigrain pita chips (320 calories)
· Mediterranean Power Pack—Classic hummus, cucumbers, Wheatberry Waldorf salad and assorted nuts (1020 calories)