Industry News | December 12, 2012
Back by Popular Demand: BK Whoppers for 55 Cents
The home of the Whopperis bringing back a deal in honor of the 55th anniversary of the sandwich. Guests can hurry in to any participating Burger Kingrestaurant nationwide from December 13 through December 16 to enjoy one Original Whopper Sandwich for just 55 cents when they purchase any WhopperSandwich, including the new Wisconsin White Cheddar Whopperor the spicy Angry Whopper, available for a limited-time-only.
“Burger Kingis thrilled to bring back this deal, offering our guests one more chance to take advantage of the Whopper 55th Anniversary celebration,” says Flavia Faugeres, executive vice president and global chief marketing officer for Burger King Worldwide. “Given the tremendous response we’ve received from this promotion thus far, we are happy to extend it as a thank you to our fans who have made the Whoppersandwich ‘America’s favorite burger.’”
To commemorate the 55-year anniversary of the Whopper, Burger King has a line of limited-time-only Whoppers. Looking to add a sweet and savory side to your Whopper? The new Seasoned Sweet Potato Curly Fries are the perfect choice. The new limited-time-only menu offerings include:
· Wisconsin White Cheddar WhopperSandwich—The newest addition to the fire-grilled menu includes the Wisconsin White Cheddar Whoppersandwich prepared with fire-grilled, USDA-certified ground beef, topped with thick-cut hardwood smoked bacon, natural Wisconsin white cheddar cheese, juicy tomatoes, freshly cut lettuce, crunchy pickle slices, sliced red onions,all on a toasted sesame seed bun. Also available as a Whopper Jr. Sandwich. (Suggested retail price starts at $4.49 and $2.19 respectively).
· ANGRY WHOPPER Sandwich—The heat is on as BK invites guests to fire up their taste buds by bringing back the popular Angry Whopper Sandwich. Prepared with fire-grilled, USDA-certified ground beef, thick-cut hardwood smoked bacon, melted Habanero cheese, jalapeño slices, spicy onion petals, red ripe tomatoes, crisp lettuce and angry sauce, all served on a toasted sesame seed bun. Also available as a Whopper Jr. Sandwich. (Suggested retail price starts at $4.49 and $2.19 respectively).
· Seasoned Sweet Potato Curly Fries—A new “twist” on the popular sweet potato fries, this savory sweet alternative is seasoned with a blend of spices and served hot and fresh each day. (Suggested retail price starts at $1.89).
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems