Industry News | July 18, 2013
Baskin-Robbins Reveals Guests’ Ice Cream Personality
Baskin-Robbins is keeping its celebration of National Ice Cream Month going by revealing what a person’s favorite ice cream flavor says about them, and by offering its fans the chance to win a year’s worth of Baskin-Robbins ice cream through its National Ice Cream Day Twitter sweepstakes.
Baskin-Robbins recently partnered with Dr. Alan Hirsch, a nationally recognized smell and taste expert and founder of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, to identify what some of the most popular ice cream flavors suggest about someone's personality.
The findings uncovered some interesting insights into ice cream fans’ unique characteristics based on their favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavor.
"We uncovered quite a few surprising findings when investigating what a person’s favorite ice cream flavor says about their personality," Hirsch says. "For instance, we found that people who prefer Rainbow Sherbet are more pessimistic than you would think, in spite of the flavor’s bright taste profile, and that those who prefer Rocky Road are actually very good listeners.”
Here are some of the surprising results from the study:
- If your favorite flavor is Vanilla, you’re more likely to be impulsive, easily suggestible, and an idealist.
- If your favorite flavor is Chocolate, you’re more likely to be dramatic, lively, charming, flirtatious, seductive, and gullible.
- If your favorite flavor isVery Berry Strawberry, you’re more likely to be tolerant, devoted, and an introvert.
- If your favorite flavor isMint Chocolate Chip, you’re more likely to be argumentative, frugal, and cautious.
- If your favorite flavor isChocolate Chip Cookie Dough, you’re more likely to be ambitious, competitive, and a visionary.
- If your favorite flavor isPralines ‘n Cream, you’re more likely to be loving, supportive, and prefer to avoid the spotlight.
- If your favorite flavor is Jamoca(i.e. coffee),you’re more likely to bescrupulous, conscientious, and a moral perfectionist.
- If your favorite flavor isChocolate Chip, you’re more likely to be generous, competent, and a go-getter.
- If your favorite flavor isRainbow Sherbet, you’re more likely to be analytical, decisive, and pessimistic.
- If your favorite flavor isRocky Road, you’re more likely to be aggressive, engaging, and a good listener.
To celebrate National Ice Cream Day on Sunday, July 21, Baskin-Robbins is launching a Twitter sweepstakes to give ice cream lovers a chance to win one of 10 $31 Baskin-Robbins gift cards.
In addition, one grand-prize winner will receive $260 in Baskin-Robbins gift cards, enough for them to enjoy their favorite ice cream flavors for an entire year.
On July 21 from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. EST, followers of @BaskinRobbins who Tweet the ice cream flavor they think goes best in a waffle cone using the special hashtag #BRflavors will be entered for the chance to win.
“National Ice Cream Month is the perfect time to enjoy your favorite ice cream flavor, and this year we wanted our guests to have fun by learning what their favorite flavor says about them,” says Dan Wheeler, vice president of U.S. brand and field marketing for Baskin-Robbins. “We also can’t wait to give one lucky Baskin-Robbins fan the chance to win free ice cream for a year through our National Ice Cream Twitter Sweepstakes this Sunday.”
As part of its celebration of National Ice Cream Month, Baskin-Robbins is also offering guests a free freshly baked waffle cone upgrade with the purchase of a double scoop of Baskin-Robbins ice cream. The offer is available at participating Baskin-Robbins shops nationwide throughout the months of July and August.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems