Industry News | October 3, 2011
In Bay Area, Jamba Juice One of Healthiest Employers
Jamba Inc. was named to the 2011 list of the Bay Area’s Healthiest Employers.
The list, organized by The Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times, in collaboration with Healthiest Employers, a research company focused on wellness, recognizes companies who are demonstrating innovation and leadership in employee wellness programs.
“Jamba aims to promote a healthy, active lifestyle for our consumers but we also live that mission in all that we do as a Company and as individuals,” says Kathy Wright, vice president Human Resources, Jamba Juice Company. “We join in congratulating all those who are being recognized today, as we all strive to promote a healthier world for generations to come.”
For more than 20 years, Jamba has lived a mission to inspire and simplify healthy living. This mission extends to Jamba’s company store workforce, who enjoys access to a broad offering of benefits in support of maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle. Innovative benefits available to Company employees include:
- An employee stock option program;
- A CEO Health Challenge program that rewards participants with discounts on health care benefits;
- Telecommuting options to alleviate the stresses associated with daily commuting;
- An orientation website to help onboard new employees quickly;
- An intranet site dedicated to employee training, recognition, and engagement;
- Gym membership discounts;
- Medical and dental benefits;
- Paid time off eligibility for volunteer activities;
- A pay for performance program with semi-annual bonus eligibility;
- An employee discount meal program;
- Access to a variety of personal services at a discounted rate;
- A dedicated lactation lounge for working mothers;
- Access to locker/shower facilities at Jamba’s HQ building, along with secure, indoor bicycle storage for alternate vehicle commuters.
Jamba’s commitment to maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle also extends into the communities where Jamba Juice stores are located. Founded on the belief that maintaining a balance of physical activity, good nutrition, and community involvement are critical to healthy living, Jamba works with a variety of non-profit organizations including the National PTA to provide much needed fundraising for school and youth oriented programs.
Jamba provides healthier options for school lunch programs in more than 40 California school districts and is the proud sponsor of a grant program to promote nutrition education and gardening among youth organizations and schools through KidsGardening.org, a division of the National Gardening Association. Jamba also partners with organizations including WNBA, Venus Williams, Tara Gidus, Cal South Youth Soccer, and USA Water Polo to engage youth in being more active and healthy. Through its initiative “Team up for a Healthy America,” Jamba has become a proud sponsor of the National Geographic Kids “Let’s Jump” initiative, launched with the goal of raising awareness of childhood obesity and the need to engage kids in being more active.
Members of the Jamba management team were on hand to accept the award at a celebration of corporate wellness in the Bay Area on September 30.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems