Industry News | July 10, 2012
Ben & Jerry’s Delivers Sweets via Tweets in Portland
From July 9 through July 20, the Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Truck will tour Portland, Oregon, stopping at local businesses, non-profits, and community events. While giving away scoops, cups, and cones is nothing new for the Vermont-based ice cream company, the stops that it will be making–and more specifically, how those stops will be determined–are different.
Guests can Tweet at the truck, @BenJerrysWest, for a chance to bring some Ben & Jerry’s product to their worthwhile events.
“Traditionally, when companies sample their product they stay at one spot, serve tiny little samples, and hope that consumers can find them,” says Jay Curley, integrated marketing manager at Ben& Jerry’s. “This truck tour instills the Ben & Jerry’s values and reverses that way of thinking by asking our fans where they want us to go, then we deliver with full scoops of our newest flavors. It’s really a fantastic way to connect with our fans one-on-one and deliver an experience you can’t get anywhere else.”
The truck will feature this year’s new Greek Frozen Yogurt line-up, which includes:
- Strawberry Shortcake: Strawberry Greek frozen yogurt with shortbread pieces
- Raspberry Fudge Chunk: Raspberry Greek frozen yogurt with fudge chunks
- Banana Peanut Butter: Banana Greek frozen yogurt with peanut buttery swirls
- Blueberry Vanilla Graham: Blueberry and vanilla Greek frozen yogurts with graham cracker swirls
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems