Industry News | April 20, 2012
BK Hands Out Free Samples in Store, on Food Trucks
Now rolling in to a city near you! Burger King has kicked off the biggest sampling campaign in its history, offering free samples of great-tasting items from the brand’s recently expanded menu.
Guests can stop in to their local, participating restaurant to receive the featured free sample, or they can track down one of the 30 BK branded food trucks that are visiting 40 cities nationwide.
“Burger King is so excited about its menu expansion that we are giving guests across the country numerous chances to try them for free,” says Alex Macedo, senior vice president, North American marketing, Burger King Corp. “The new menu items have been incredibly well-received by our guests so far and we are looking forward to introducing these new offerings to even more BK fans as we head across the country.”
The following menu items will be available for in-restaurant and/or food truck sampling opportunities, with fresh new flavors:
- The Garden Fresh Chicken, Apple, and Cranberry Salad is made-to-order with crisp apples, dried cranberries, and bleu cheese atop seven types of lettuce, and topped off with tendergrill chicken and Ken’s Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
- The new, premium Crispy Chicken Strips from Burger King are made with white meat tenderloin chicken, marinated and lightly battered in seasoned home-style breading. Typically served in three- or five-piece servings, Crispy Chicken Strips are perfect for dipping in one of the classic or bold new sauces, such as new Kung Pao and Roasted Jalapeño Barbecue sauces.
- The new line of Real Fruit Smoothies at BK are freshly made with low-fat yogurt, real fruit, and juices, blended together to create the perfect Tropical Mango or Strawberry Banana smoothie. Each smoothie provides a full serving of fruit.
- BK Frappés are rich, smooth, and made to order, providing a perfect combination of sweet Mocha or Caramel flavors, blended with a hint of coffee and ice.
BK Food Trucks
Exciting things are happening at Burger King and in 40 cities across the country! In celebration of the new expanded menu, 30 Burger King-branded food trucks are hitting the road to surprise and delight fans coast to coast.
From local hot spots and hangouts to festivals and events, BK fans should be on the lookout for a chance to try some great-tasting new menu items, on the house.
Spice it up by tracking down the trucks serving two-piece samples of new premium Crispy Chicken Strips, with two bold new sauces, Kung Pao and Roasted Jalapeño Barbecue. Or chill out with the cool offerings from the trucks serving five-ounce samples of Strawberry Banana and Tropical Mango Real Fruit Smoothies and Mocha and Caramel flavored Frappés.
More than 3,000 Burger King restaurants nationwide will be conducting an in-restaurant sampling program to offer guests more free samples of great-tasting new menu items, while supplies last.
Now through April 21, guests at participating BK restaurants can try a free sample-size Chicken, Apple & Cranberry Garden Fresh Salad.
A sampling of Crispy Chicken Strips will be on the menu and on the house in the near future for guests at participating restaurants, with your choice of new Kung Pao and Roasted Jalapeño Barbecue sauces.
Finally, guests will be able to enjoy complementary five-ounce samples of Real Fruit Smoothies and Frappés, served up made-to-order-style, in all four flavors.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems