Industry News | February 12, 2013
BK Perks Up Coffee Offerings with 10 New Items
Burger King Worldwide revealed its refreshed coffee platform available in restaurants nationwide, blended by Seattle’s Best Coffee.
Introducing a new, 100 percent Latin American Arabicabean custom blend crafted with BK guests in mind, consumers can opt for hot or iced coffee in a variety of flavors like vanilla, mocha, and caramel.
Additionally, for the first time ever this March, guests are invited to indulge in a café-quality latté that is rich in flavor.
“Burger King brand’s new specialty coffee line is the latest example of our commitment to delivering a great-tasting product customized to evolving consumer tastes,” says Eric Hirschhorn, vice president of global innovation, Burger King Worldwide.
“Continuing to innovate and improve the Burger King brand’s coffee and beverage platforms are among our top priorities for the year,” he adds. “With the help of our experienced partner, Seattle’s Best Coffee, we were able to collaborate, identify, and develop the ideal custom blend that is perfect for our guests.”
Jennifer Dimaris, vice president of brand management for Seattle’s Best Coffee, says, “We know how important coffee is to Burger King guests, and we’re focused on giving them a great cup, whether it’s iced or hot, morning or night.
“That’s why we put more than 40 years of experience to work and used extensive testing to create a new coffee menu that is just right for Burger King guests,” she adds.
The new Burger King coffee menu includes an extensive line of 10 new beverages custom-blended for guests to enjoy:
- Brewed Smooth Roast Coffee: The 100 percent Latin American Arabica blend from Seattle’s Best Coffee is designed specifically with BK guests in mind, and delivers a smooth, balanced cup of brewed coffee that pairs perfectly with both sweet and savory menu items. It is also available in decaf, and suggested retail price starts at $1.
- Smooth Roast Iced Coffee: The new Iced Coffee at Burger King begins with the smooth roast Burger King blend and is combined with a sweet, rich flavor. Now available in four flavorful varieties—plain, vanilla, mocha, and caramel—suggested retail price starts at $1.49.
- Lattés: One hundred percent Latin American Arabica espresso from Seattle’s Best Coffee is the base for this coffeehouse latté. Available in plain, vanilla, mocha, and caramel flavors and their respective nonfat varieties, the lattés will be sold beginning March 2013 at participating locations. Suggested retail price starts at $2.29.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems