Industry News | October 25, 2012
BK Throws a Birthday Bash for the Whopper with LTO Offers
Burger King Worldwide proudly unveiled plans to celebrate the 55th anniversary of the iconic, original Whopper sandwich.
Burger King restaurant guests nationwide can now enjoy three new, limited-time menu items in commemorative retro-style anniversary packaging, with more exciting anniversary-related announcements planned for the coming weeks.
“The Whopper sandwich has been the iconic flagship of the Burger King menu since its introduction in 1957,”says Flavia Faugeres, executive vice president and global chief marketing officer, Burger King Worldwide. “We invite consumers to join us in celebrating this milestone with delicious, new limited-time products created in honor of America’s favorite burger.”
The new 55th anniversary limited-time-only menu offerings include a line of products freshly prepared for guests to enjoy in fun, retro-style packaging:
- Wisconsin White Cheddar WhopperSandwich: The newest addition to the fire-grilled menu includes the Wisconsin White Cheddar Whopper Sandwich prepared with fire-grilled, USDA-certified ground beef and topped with thick-cut hardwood smoked bacon, natural Wisconsin White Cheddar cheese, juicy tomatoes, freshly cut lettuce, crunchy pickle slices, and sliced red onions, all on a toasted sesame seed bun. Also available as a Whopper Jr. sandwich, the suggested retail price starts at $4.49 and $2.19 respectively.
- Angry Whopper Sandwich: The heat is on as BK invites guests to fire up their taste buds by bringing back the popular Angry Whopper sandwich. It’s prepared with fire-grilled, USDA-certified ground beef, thick-cut hardwood smoked bacon, melted Habanero cheese, jalapeño slices, spicy onion petals, red ripe tomatoes, crisp lettuce, and angry sauce, and all served on a toasted sesame seed bun. It’s also available as a Whopper Jr. sandwich, and suggested retail price starts at $4.49 and $2.19 respectively.
- Seasoned Sweet Potato Curly Fries: A new twist on the popular sweet potato fries, this savory-sweet alternative is seasoned with a blend of spices and served hot and fresh each day. Suggested retail price starts at $1.89.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems