Industry News | May 20, 2011
Boloco Makes a Move to Online Ordering
MonkeyMedia Software, a provider of strategy, education, and software services for multi-unit restaurant operators, announced that Boloco will deploy MonkeyCatering and MonkeyOnlineOrdering to enable end-to-end visibility and control over the company’s catering business.
Boloco is a Boston-based group of 17 restaurants located throughout New England that serve traditional and inspired burritos, bowls, salads, smoothies, and shakes using a blend of bold, inspiring, and often unexpected ingredients. Every order is made to the specific wishes of each guest.
“The decision to work with MonkeyMedia Software was an easy one. Their catering software can be tailored to meet our specific requirements,” says Patrick Renna, CFO of Boloco. “Additionally, they bring a single solution to facilitate each catering order from time of order to completion and payment, including follow up with our clients.”
MonkeyCatering will provide Boloco with many operations- and communications-enhancing features, including catering management, production and distribution management, integrated sales and marketing tools to help drive more catering business, and powerful, real-time reporting for better business intelligence.
The scalability of MonkeyCatering will allow for seamless, continued integration into the restaurant’s kitchen operations as the franchise chain grows and expands its catering business. Specifically, Boloco will implement:
- Online Ordering for Catering: Catering orders made online through MonkeyOnlineOrdering will directly integrate into Boloco’s MonkeyCatering solution, enabling the restaurant with a powerful, back-end system that can easily execute all catering operations. Using existing IT assets to integrate data, MonkeyCatering empowers each unit with valuable insight into business intelligence, including up-to-date sales figures, customer ordering behavior, promotional performance, and other important data.
- Winning Strategy and Educational Services: MonkeyMedia Software will work directly with Boloco’s corporate staff and catering managers to develop a winning strategy specifically designed for the restaurant’s catering business. MonkeyMedia Software is staffed with highly knowledgeable, industry veterans who know the catering business inside-out. They will equip each Boloco team with catering best practices and will be there every step of the way to assist with the software implementation and training.
In addition to eventually integrating with Boloco’s POS system, MonkeyMedia will integrate with other third party systems, including the restaurant’s solutions for credit cards, Boloco cards, accounting, and above store reporting systems.
“Boloco has become a leader in the world of traditional and inspired burritos, and it is an honor that they chose MonkeyMedia Software to help manage their catering and delivery business,” says Erle Dardick, CEO, MonkeyMedia Software. “We will work closely with Boloco to ensure the implementation of MonkeyOnlineOrdering and MonkeyCatering is as seamless as possible and that they successfully leverage the most innovative and catering-focused technology to increase efficiency throughout their catering operations.”
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems