Industry News | September 7, 2010
Breaking News: Biggest Menu Change in BK History
Burger King Corp. (NYSE: BKC - News) is shaking up the quick-serve breakfast battle with the unveiling of the brand’s largest menu expansion ever.
Nine new BK Breakfast Menu items will have sleepyheads everywhere marching to a new breakfast beat and into their closest BK restaurant. From premium platters and savory sandwiches to fresh-baked Mini Blueberry Biscuits and Seattle’s Best Coffee, the new BK Breakfast Menu is available at participating restaurants nationwide.
“We’re ready to compete to be America’s wake-up call with our new BK Breakfast Menu,” says Mike Kappitt, chief marketing officer, North America, Burger King Corp.
“We’re recognized far and wide for our superior burgers, and we’re confident guests will know and love us for breakfast as well. Given the quality, variety and value on our new menu, Burger King is sure to become the destination for breakfast.”
Breakfast Your Way
The new BK Breakfast Menu items join the Croissan’ Wich and recent menu additions such as the BK Breakfast Muffin Sandwich and the BK Breakfast Bowl. The menu is available until 10:30 a.m. daily:
- For sandwich lovers, there’s the BK Breakfast Ciabatta Club Sandwich, which features eggs, fresh tomatoes, ham, bacon, American cheese, and smoky tomato sauce. Brought together on a toasted Ciabatta bun made with whole grains, this hearty morning sandwich is offered at a suggested retail price of $2.89.
- The easy-to-eat four-piece Mini Blueberry Biscuits are served warm with a side of vanilla icing for dipping. Bursting with blueberry, the four freshly baked biscuits are ideal for an on-the-go morning treat and can be enjoyed for just $1.
- The BK Ultimate Breakfast Platter provides the ideal breakfast combination–scrambled eggs, sizzling sausage, golden hash browns, a buttery biscuit, and fluffy pancakes for a suggested retail price of $4.29. Its siblings, the Pancake and Sausage Platter and the Pancake Platter, are available for a suggested retail price of $2.89 and $2.29, respectively.
- Piping hot Seattle’s Best Coffee turns up the volume on breakfast and is available in small, medium, and large sizes at suggested retail prices of $1, $1.19, and $1.39, respectively. Burger King Corp. is also expanding its coffee offerings to include a line of Iced Seattle’s Best Coffee in three premium flavors: mocha, vanilla and regular. Double brewed for a strong wake up call, the cool coffees are available at a suggested retail price of $1.89.
In addition, the full BK Breakfast Value Menu, which launched in early 2007 as the first national breakfast value menu among quick-service restaurants, remains as it is today and will include the new four-piece Mini Blueberry Biscuits in addition to BK Breakfast staples such as Cini-minis, the three-piece French Toast Sticks and the BK Breakfast Muffin Sandwich, all priced at a $1.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems