Industry News | June 12, 2012
Burger King Celebrates Summer Barbecue-Style
Burger King is heating things up this summer with the introduction of eight LTO barbecue-inspired menu items that include classics with a twist and brand new offerings.
Included in the barbecue-inspired line up is:
- the Memphis Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich, which features pulled pork with the hickory, smoky sweet flavor of Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy barbecue sauce, sliced onions, and Sweet Southern dressing on a tasted artisan-style bun (suggested retail price starts at $3.49);
- the Carolina BBQ Whopper Sandwich, a 4-ounce fire-grilled burger made with USDA-certified ground beef, Pepper Jack cheese, hardwood smoked bacon, iceberg lettuce, red onions, tomatoes, Sweet Southern dressing, and Bull's-Eye Carolina Style barbecue sauce on a sesame seed bun (suggested retail of $3.99);
- the Carolina BBQ Chicken Sandwich, made with either grilled or crispy white meat chicken breast, Pepper Jack cheese, smoked bacon, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, Sweet Southern dressing, and Bull's Eye-Carolina Style barbecue sauce on artisan-style bun (suggested retail of $4.79);
- the Texas BBQ Whopper Sandwich, a 4-ounce USDA-certified ground beef patty topped with American cheese, jalapeño slices, red onion rings, tomatoes, lettuce, and Bulll's-Eye Texas Style barbecue sauce on a sesame seed bun (suggested retail of $3.99);
- and the Texas BBQ Chicken Sandwich, made with grilled or crispy chicken breast, American cheese, jalapeño slices, red onion rings, tomatoes, lettuce, and Bull's-Eye Texas Style barbecue sauce on an artisan-style bun (suggested retail of $4.79).
To sweeten things up, Burger King will also offer Sweet Potato Fries (suggested retail price starts at $1.89); Frozen Classic Lemonade available in both lemon and strawberry varieties in 12-, 16-, or 20-ounce servings (suggested retail price starts at $1.99); and the Bacon Sundae, which features vanilla BK soft serve, chocolate fudge, and caramel sauces, and hardwood smoked bacon crumbles (suggested retail starts at $2.49).
"Barbecues are synonymous with summer," says Alex Macedo, senior vice president of North America marketing for Burger King Corp. "We gather together with family and friends to eat great food, and now Burger King offers guests a chance to sit back and let us take over the grilling."
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems