Industry News | March 19, 2013
Burger King Gets Spring Fever with New Burger Fest Menu
Whether you’re experiencing a case of spring fever or have been counting down the days awaiting the calendar’s “official” first day of spring, Burger King is ready to turn up the heat and celebrate the season with the new Burger Fest menu.
Burger King Worldwide unveiled a lineup of 12 menu items, ranging from a variety of sandwiches, refreshing beverages, and savory sides.
“Our signature fire-grilled burgers are the foundation of the Burger King menu, and we are excited to offer our guests more variety as we celebrate Burger Fest,” says Flavia Faugeres, executive vice president and global chief marketing officer, Burger King Worldwide. “With something to appeal to every guest, we invite everyone to join us and share our passion for great-tasting food by trying all of our delicious new options.”
The new limited-time-only menu includes:
- Turkey Burger: Topped with fresh-cut lettuce, sliced tomatoes, crisp red onions, and mayo, all served on a warm, artisan-style bun. Suggested retail price starts at $3.99.
- Veggie Burger: Made with real vegetables and wholesome grains, beginning with a MorningStar Farms Garden Veggie Pattyand topped with fresh-cut lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, ketchup, and mayo, all served on a toasted sesame seed bun. Suggested retail price starts at $2.99.
- Chipotle Whopper Sandwich: Made with USDA-inspected, fire-grilled ground beef, and topped with thick-cut bacon, Pepper Jack cheese, spicy chipotle mayo, fresh-cut lettuce, ripe tomatoes, and sweet caramelized-style onions, all on a toasted sesame seed bun. Also available as a Whopper Jr. Sandwich. Suggested retail price starts at $4.29 and $2.49, respectively.
- Chipotle Chicken Sandwich & Chicken Wrap: Made with white meat TenderGrill or TenderCrisp chicken, and topped with Pepper Jack cheese, thick-cut smoked bacon, spicy chipotle mayo, sweet caramelized-style onions, fresh-cut lettuce, and ripe tomatoes, all served on a warm artisan-style bun. Also available as a wrap. Suggested retail price starts at $4.79 and $2.99, respectively.
- Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Burger: Made with a USDA-inspected, fire-grilled ground beef patty stuffed with hardwood-smoked bacon and savory Cheddar cheese, and topped with fresh-cut lettuce, juicy tomatoes, ketchup, mayo, and crispy onion rings all on a warm, artisan-style bun. Suggested retail price starts at $3.99.
- Loaded Tater Tots Potatoes: Fluffy potatoes filled with flavorful bacon and sweet onions, with a crispy crumb coating on the outside. Available in eight-, 10-, or 12-piece servings. Suggested retail price starts at $1.99.
- Iced Tea: Brewed fresh daily, the new Iced Tea pairs well with many menu favorites. Available in three varieties: sweet tea, unsweetened iced tea, and peach iced tea. Suggested retail price starts at $1.59.
- Piña Colada Smoothie: Made with sweet pineapple and tropical coconut. Each smoothie provides a full serving of fruit. Suggested retail price starts at $2.29.
- Donut Holes: Bite-sized glazed donut holes. Suggested retail price is $1.49.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems