Industry News | August 6, 2012
Burger King Launches Family Food Game
With a 1-in-3 chance of winning a prize, Burger King Worldwide is thrilled to unveil the Family Food Game at participating Burger King restaurants nationwide. Inspired by the popular game show “Family Feud,” every game piece can be a winner, where guests can instantly win from an assortment of fantastic and delicious prizes by correctly choosing the most popular answer based on a survey of 100 people.
Fans are invited to test their knowledge and Burger King trivia while enjoying their favorite specially marked BK beverages, sides, or combo meals.
Based on a survey of 100 people, guests “buzz” in by carefully scratching off the most popular answer for a chance to win their share of more than $225 million in prizes. With great prizes from one-of-a-kind experiences like a USA Basketball Fantasy Trip, Universal OrlandoFamily Resort Vacation, and Southwest Airlines®Airfare for a Year; to a 2013 Ford Explorer and cash prizes up to $100,000; or even BKmenu favorites, like the Whopper Sandwich, Croissa’wich or Chicken Wrap, it’s time to play Family Food.
“‘Family Feud’ was the perfect partner to create the new Family Foodgame at Burger King because it’s a timeless, classic American game show enjoyed by millions that’s easy to play, provides families with the opportunity to get together to enjoy our limited-time Summer BBQ menu, and ultimately allows us to become a part of the game by infusing BK-based trivia into the questions,” says Alex Macedo, senior vice president, North America marketing, Burger King Worldwide.
“And just as guests have the power to customize every order at our restaurants, Family Food puts the power in their hands by guessing the most popular answers to win great prizes,” he says.
“We are thrilled to bring the excitement of ‘Family Feud’ to Burger King with an entertaining, interactive game that families can enjoy together,” says Amy Lorbati, senior vice president of branded entertainment and partnerships for FremantleMedia Enterprises. “Burger King and ‘Family Feud’ are both loved by Americans of all ages, and at FME, we are always excited about creating new opportunities for consumers to experience their favorite brands.”
Customers can participate in the contest in the following ways:
· In-Store Instant and Collect & Win Game—Guests can obtain official game pieces at participating Burger Kingrestaurants with the purchase of select menu items, including: specially marked 20-, 30- and 40-ounce soft drinks; large fries; 16- and 20-ounce smoothies/frappes; and all combo meals. Each game piece can be peeled off to reveal the question along with three answer choices: A, B, C. Guests are challenged to scratch off the most popular answer based on a survey of 100 people. The word “winner” will be imprinted on the correct selection, along with the corresponding prize. Selection of prizes includes: Fandango Movie Tickets, USA Basketball Fantasy Trip, a Trip for four to a Taping of ‘Family Feud,’ BK Crown Cards valued at $25, and a dozen popular BK menu items.
Fans are also encouraged to collect game pieces for a chance to win from a selection of prizes fit for BK royalty, ranging from a 2013 Ford Explorer, Universal OrlandoFamily Resort Vacation, Southwest Airlines Airfare for a Year, Nintendo 3DS Family Pack, Kindle Fires, and a $10,000 BBQ Makeover to cash prizes up to $100,000.
· Online Sweepstakes—Guests will also be able to go online to enter the daily $10,000 sweepstakes by entering game codes found on game pieces. Codes can be found on game pieces and/or obtained online for free.
The Family Food in-store game is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (D.C.). The online sweepstakes is only open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 13 years of age or older. Family Foodprizes are valued at more than $225 million.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems