Industry News | October 24, 2011
Carnitas, Tamales Get Chicken Treatment at El Pollo Loco
The season to celebrate is upon us and El Pollo Loco is gearing up to do just that. Back by popular demand and available through the New Year are the flame-grilled chicken concept’s Chicken Carnitas and much anticipated Chicken Tamales.
Always indulging the taste buds of its loyal chicken lovers, the culinary experts at El Pollo Loco have reintroduced the Chicken Carnitas. Starting October 22, El Pollo Loco guests can enjoy Chicken Carnitas, prepared the traditional way with citrus juices and spices for authentic carnitas flavor, available four different ways:
· Carnitas Taco combines El Pollo Loco’s new Chicken Carnitas with diced onion, a wedge of lemon, and fresh cilantro piled in warm corn tortillas.
· Carnitas Bowl is a tasty twist on El Pollo Loco’s Pollo Bowl with plenty of Chicken Carnitas served with diced onion, a wedge of lemon, fresh cilantro, and Pico de Gallo salsa atop Spanish rice and pinto beans.
· Carnitas Burrito combines Chicken Carnitas with diced onion, fresh cilantro, Spanish rice, pinto beans, melted Jack cheese, and a mild salsa prepared with Poblano chilies and wrapped in a warm flour tortilla.
· Carnitas Meal features a generous portion of Chicken Carnitas accompanied by Spanish rice, pinto beans, a wedge of lemon, warm tortillas, and freshly prepared salsa.
“Our fans are always looking for new ways to enjoy the delectable taste of El Pollo Loco,” says Mark Hardison, vice president of marketing for El Pollo Loco. “We’ve taken the craveable taste of carnitas and given it a mouthwatering new twist, the way only El Pollo Loco can.”
In addition to Chicken Carnitas, Chicken Tamales are back at El Pollo Loco. Inspired by the time-honored kitchens of Mexico, El Pollo Loco’s Chicken Tamales are made the traditional way with authentic corn masa, filled with delicately spiced chicken simmered in a rich Colorado chile sauce infused with Mexican herbs and spices, hand-wrapped in cornhusks, and then cooked to perfection. The tamales are sold individually and in bundles of four served with a choice of fresh made salsas.
El Pollo Loco will communicate its limited time Chicken Carnitas entrees to consumers through a multimedia campaign that begins October 31 and includes general market and Spanish-language television spots that will appear in Los Angeles and select markets. In addition to television and radio advertising, a wide mix of point-of-purchase vehicles will be used, including roof banners, translites, window clings, and drive-thru communication.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems