Industry News | April 23, 2010
Carvel Celebrates New Image with Free Ice Cream
Carvel, the nation’s first retail ice cream franchise, invites fans to enjoy a free cup of its new low fat ice cream with a Flavor Shotz topping of choice. Participating shops will give out the free treats during operating store hours on Thursday, April 29.
This year’s spring giveaway event celebrates the introduction of several new products along with the launch of Carvel’s new brand image. With a focus on its handmade ice cream products, the makeover includes everything from a new company logo to updated packaging and an animated Fudgie the Whale mascot.
The 75-year-old ice cream chain also hopes to breathe new life into its 485 nationwide shops by implementing an updated operations plan to de-clutter, revitalize, and refresh. With a streamlined, “out with the old, in with the new” approach, Carvel believes this is the beginning of a new era of taste and customer fulfillment.
Highlights of Carvel’s brand makeover and April 29 giveaway include:
• Free 3.5-ounce cup of Carvel’s new low fat ice cream all day on April 29
• Guests can also choose to sample one of 12 new Flavor Shotz flavors as a topping on their treat.
• New company logo
• New products and cake designs planned for 2010, including 3-D cakes
• New animated Fudgie the Whale with hands to highlight handmade products
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems