Industry News | February 19, 2008
CKE Settles Food Safety Concerns
The following guidelines apply to both the Carl's Jr. and Hardee's brands:
* All meat products are purchased from USDA-approved facilities and must comply with USDA requirements for food safety and sanitation. Suppliers must also comply with stringent specifications and standards required by CKE Quality Assurance Department.
* Suppliers and products are evaluated for compliance to company specifications, standards and regulatory requirements through routine production facility inspections and product audits.
* In addition to performing inspections and product audits, the CKE Quality Assurance Department requires nationally recognized, independent audits for all supplier facilities.
* CKE specifically prohibits the use of "downer" cattle by suppliers.
* CKE's premium line of Carl's Jr. Six Dollar Burgers and Hardee's Thickburgers are made with high-quality, 100 percent Black Angus beef from USDA certified steers and heifers, three years of age or younger.
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems