Industry News | March 21, 2012
Cousins Subs Beefs Up Cheese Steak Offerings
Bada-bing, bada-boom! Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin-based Cousins Subs is beefing up its Cheese Steak offering with four new subs featuring 50 percent more meat.
The new East Coast-style subs include the original Cheese Steak, the Italian Cheese Steak (formerly known as the Philly Cheese Steak), the crowd-pleasing new Philly Cheese Steak, and the robust Double Cheese Steak. The new Cheese Steaks feature tasty Wisconsin cheese, freshly sliced vegetables, and thinly sliced steak.
To strike the perfect balance between steak, overall flavor, and bread, Cousins Subs’ test kitchen trialed several Cheese Steak recipes with 40 percent, 50 percent, and even 65 percent more meat. In addition, the product development team tasted, weighed, and compared the contents of competitive offerings.
“As a Wisconsin-based company, we combined our passion for meat and cheese to create high quality, satisfying Cheese Steak subs with tremendous value,” says Christine Specht, president and COO at Cousins Subs. “We set out to offer the best Cheese Steak sub options in our category and believe we have accomplished that with our new line.”
Cousins Subs’ new Cheese Steak recipes include:
- Cheese Steak - Steak, provolone, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and salt
- Italian Cheese Steak - Steak, provolone, sautéed green peppers, mushrooms, onions, and marinara sauce
- Philly Cheese Steak - Steak, American cheese, sautéed green peppers, and onions
- Double Cheese Steak - Double portions of steak and provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions
The Cheese Steaks are already featured at all 150+ Cousins Subs locations on new menuboards.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems