Industry News | February 28, 2012
McDonald’s Debuts Shamrock Shake Nationwide
Today, for the first time ever, McDonald’s classic Shamrock Shake is officially available at participating McDonald’s restaurants nationwide. The seasonal green milkshake from McCafé is available now through March 25, while supplies last.
The Shamrock Shake joins the McCafé line up annually around St. Patrick’s Day for a limited time and has only been available at select McDonald’s restaurants, until now.
The famously minty treat is made with McDonald's creamy vanilla reduced fat ice cream and Shamrock Shake syrup, and topped with whipped cream and a cherry. It is available in three sizes.
The Shamrock Shake has a devoted following and its annual availability is eagerly anticipated by loyal fans.
“Passionate admirers have enjoyed the iconic Shamrock Shake at McDonald’s restaurants for years,” says Adam Salgado, marketing director, McDonald’s USA. “With this first time national introduction, we’re excited that people across the country can now experience this seasonal and delicious treat.”
Shake enthusiasts have the opportunity to celebrate the national availability of the Shamrock Shake by engaging with McDonald’s and other fans on Twitter (@McDonalds and @McCafeYourDay) and Facebook (Facebook.com/mcdonalds):
- A Month of Sharing the Luck– fans and followers chatting about luck, sharing, Shamrock Shake, and the Simple Joy of McCafé will be surprised with random giveaways from McDonald’s national Twitter handle (@McDonalds)
- #ShamrockShake Twitter Trivia Tuesdays– Followers will have the chance to win a special Shamrock Shake t-shirt by showing their knowledge of Shamrock Shake and St. Patrick’s Day history
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems