Industry News | July 13, 2010
Don't Want a Bun? Try a Burger in a Bowl
Nearly 80 percent of The Counter’s customers order from the Build-Your-Own Burger menu, which offers over 300,000 possible combinations. Now, the other 20 percent can order these bun-free “Signature Burgers in a Bowl” in addition to the “Signature Burgers,” which offer predesigned combinations that take the guess work out of which cheeses, toppings, and sauces to choose.
Priced between $8.50–$11.50, the new offerings are now available at all U.S. restaurant locations. The “Signature Burgers in a Bowl” include: the Garden Bowl, with protein of your choice, organic mixed greens, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and Dijon balsamic sauce; the Counter Cobb, with 1/3 lb. grilled chicken breast, lettuce blend, Danish blue cheese, chopped red onion, crumbled bacon, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, and Dijon balsamic sauce; the Southwestern, with 1/3 lb. beef, lettuce blend, Tillamook cheddar cheese, jalapenos, roasted corn and black bean salsa, roasted green chiles, scallions, and classic Caesar dressing; the Mediterranean, with 1/3 lb. turkey, lettuce blend, Greek feta, black olives, sliced cucumbers, spicy pepperoncinis, tomatoes, and tzatiki sauce; the Asian Veggie, with 1/3 lb. housemade veggie patty, organic mixed greens, carrot strings, chopped red onion, grilled pineapple, roasted red peppers, scallions, ginger soy glaze, and peanut sauce; and the Backyard Barbeque, with 1/3 lb. beef, lettuce blend, horseradish cheddar, Black Forest ham, chopped red onion, coleslaw, crispy onion strings, scallions, tomatoes, Country Buttermilk ranch dressing, and sweet barbecue sauce.
The experts also suggested select premium toppings that can be added for an additional cost.
The Build-Your-Own menu allows guests to select from three sizes of proteins—one-third, two-third, and one-pound—made from all natural, humanely raised and handled fresh Angus beef that is ground daily; grilled chicken, turkey, or house-made veggies; and an array of 12 cheeses, 33 toppings, 21 unique sauces, and four types of buns. Sample toppings and sauces include: grilled pineapple, dried cranberries, roasted corn and black bean salsa, fried egg, honey cured bacon, basil pesto, and chipotle aioli. The Counter also offers a large variety of handcrafted beer, wine, handspun shakes, malts, and floats.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems