Industry News | May 8, 2008
Dunkin' To Celebrate Free Iced Coffee Day
The company anticipates giving away nearly 4 million cups of its award-winning iced coffee. That means:
• Dunkin' Donuts will use more than 88 million ice cubes on Free Iced Coffee Day, and will pour approximately 31,250 gallons of cream.
• You could fill 7 Olympic-size swimming pools with the amount of coffee that will be used on Free Iced Coffee Day.
• If you lined up each cup of iced If you lined up each cup of iced coffee served on Free Iced Coffee Day lid-to-lid, the line would stretch for more than 236 miles.
• If you stack up each cup of iced coffee served on Free Iced Coffee Day, it would reach nearly 300 miles into the sky, the vantage point of a typical space shuttle orbit.
On Free Iced Coffee Day, Dunkin' Donuts is honoring those who serve by donating $80,000 to the National Police Athletic League (NPAL) to support its Youth Leadership Program. NPAL supports more than 2 million underprivileged youth through education, sports and leadership opportunities, and stresses the importance of community service and peer leadership in more than 350 chapters across the country.
Sixteen select NPAL chapters will receive $5,000 from the Dunkin' Donuts donation through a grant. The NPAL chapters receiving grants to fund their local Youth Leadership Program include: Atlanta, Baltimore, Bangor, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Hartford, Las Vegas, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Providence, Tampa/St. Petersburg, and Washington D.C.
While iced coffee sales typically spike in summer months, Dunkin' Donuts has seen rapid growth year-round. Iced coffee is the second most frequently sold coffee product after hot coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. According to NPD CREST data, Americans drank nearly 600 million servings of iced coffee in restaurants in 2007--a 37 percent increase from 2006. Dunkin' Donuts sold more than 190 million servings of iced coffee in 2007, and is the number one retailer of iced coffee in America.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems