Industry News | April 13, 2011
Dunkin' Develops a New Face Online
Dunkin’ Donuts has introduced a new DunkinDonuts.com. From a new Trip Planner to locate Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants along your route to nutritional information now customized for your favorite Dunkin’ Donuts food and beverages, the new website offers a host of innovative tools and information presented in an interactive and mobile-friendly layout.
Key features of the new DunkinDonuts.com include a homepage with localized content, an improved restaurant locator, direct connectivity to Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, and a fully-integrated menu and nutrition section. Also notable is the launch of "Behind the Beans," Dunkin’ Donuts’ first-ever blog. Appropriately named to provide fans with an insider’s view into what’s brewing at Dunkin’ Donuts, “Behind the Beans” offers news on the latest menu items, innovative recipes from the company’s culinary team, Q&A with company leaders, and examples of franchise owners’ work within the communities they serve.
Some of the features of the new DunkinDonuts.com include:
- Mobile-Friendly Layout: In order to accommodate guests on the go, the new website was designed with a mobile-friendly layout, providing guests with easier navigation and allowing them to easily locate directions to a nearby Dunkin’ Donuts restaurant. Travelers will also appreciate the brand-new Trip Planner feature for mapping out the number of Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants located along their road trip route.
- Detailed Restaurant Locator and Localized Content: Guests can find detailed information about their local Dunkin' Donuts restaurant, including store hours, in-store Wi-Fi, restaurant menu options, and drive-thru availability. The website will also provide guests with news, promotions, and products relevant to their local Dunkin’ Donuts restaurant.
- Enhanced Nutritional Information: The nutrition section on the website provides guests with the ability to find the nutritional facts for their favorite menu items and customize the results.
- Social Media Integration: Dunkin' Donuts is actively engaged within leading social media channels, with more than 3 million Facebook fans and 74,000 Twitter followers. Building upon the passion for social media shared by the company and its guests, the website features live feeds from Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
The new DunkinDonuts.com is inspired by the fast and friendly service that Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants offer every day to guests across the globe, says John Costello, chief global customer and marketing officer at Dunkin' Brands. “By offering even more information that our guests frequently ask for, I’m hopeful that this new website will be both useful and entertaining, while serving up an excellent experience for our guests,” Costello says.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems