Industry News | December 20, 2012
Dunkin' Donuts Launches Holiday Contests
As the holiday season winds down, Dunkin’ Donuts launched its HoliDDay Fashions Twitter & Instagram contest, inviting people to send photos of themselves in their favorite holiday garb for the chance to win a $100 Dunkin’ Donuts mGift.
Through Friday, December 21, fans can submit their photos to @DunkinDonuts on Twitter or Instagram, using the special hashtag #HoliDDayContest. Dunkin’ Donuts will select a total of five winners to receive a $100 mGift.
With the home stretch of the holiday season upon us, Dunkin’ Donuts also commissioned an independent survey of more than 1,000 Americans, conducted by GfK, to take a closer look at how people keep themselves running through their shopping, parties, and meals during the days ahead.
- Shoppers will be running right up to Christmas, and beyond.More than half of people (58 percent) do not anticipate having their shopping done until at least the week before Christmas. More than a quarter of people (26 percent) expect to be shopping for the holidays right up to Christmas Eve or even after Christmas is over.
- Go-to Gift Cards:Gift cards, purchased either online or via mobile, are the No. 1 choice for people when they realize they need a last minute gift. The majority of people (51 percent) also claim that gift cards or gift certificates are the top choice when they are looking for something affordable to give for the holidays, followed by homemade baked goods or food and beverages bought from a store.
- Closet or Bed Coat Vote 2012:Where’s the best place to put coats during a holiday party: the closet or the bed? Put the argument to rest, as 48 percentpeople say the bed, compared to only 38 percent who choose the closet.
- Just say no go to mistletoe? Sixty-one percent (61 percent) of people who find themselves under the mistletoe with another holiday party guest would not actually kiss him or her.
- Mail carriers can expect a special delivery this year.Who deserves a holiday gift this year? The survey asked people to share with whom, of all the people who help keep their life running during the year, they would give a holiday gift. Mail carriers were No. 1, followed by teachers and hair stylists.
Dunkin’ Donuts has a host of delicious beverages to keep people running through the season both at home and on the go. Dunkin’ Donuts’ holiday lineup features three flavored hot or iced coffee and lattes, including new White Chocolate, as well as classic Peppermint Mocha and Gingerbread.
Dunkin’ Donuts’ new Peppermint Mocha K-Cup packs make this holiday flavored coffee available at home for use with Keurig K-Cup single-cup brewing systems.
Also perfect for holiday parties or gatherings is Dunkin’ Donuts’ Peppermint Mocha packaged coffee, which is available for a limited time only in an 8-ounce size at participating restaurants.
Mint Hot Chocolate, available year-round at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants, puts a spin on the classic Hot Chocolate, combining the warmth of rich hot chocolate with a cool, invigorating flavor.
For a great gift that doesn't need wrapping, virtual Dunkin’ Donuts Cards can now be sent via e-mail, text, or Facebook through the mGift feature on the Dunkin’ Donuts mobile app, available for both iPhone and Android smartphones.
With the mGift feature, users can send a variety of holiday-themed virtual Dunkin' Donuts cards, which can be redeemed directly from a mobile phone at more than 6,000 participating U.S. Dunkin' Donuts locations.
All Dunkin' Donuts mGifts can also be added directly to the Dunkin' App, reloaded right from the phone, and used as a fast, convenient way to pay.
Traditional Dunkin' Donuts Cards are also available at any participating Dunkin' Donuts location in amounts from $2 to $100, as well as online and at many grocery, pharmacy, and big box retailers.
Dunkin' Donuts Cards always have no fees and no expiration date.
Finally, last-minute shoppers can keep themselves running on Dunkin’ right through Christmas Eve, as many Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants will be open until 6:00 p.m. or later on December 24.
The majority of Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants now also offer free WiFi for all guests, for anyone seeking a place to check e-mail or browse the Internet while enjoying delicious Dunkin’ Donuts food and beverages.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems