Industry News | March 5, 2012
El Pollo Loco Adds Two More Grilled Chicken Burritos
El Pollo Loco’s culinary experts have expanded its Grilled Chicken Burrito line-up with the addition of two new, hand-made Chicken Burritos.
The new Grilled Chicken Burritos will be available in all El Pollo Loco restaurants beginning March 3, and five varieties mean there’s a Grilled Chicken Burrito to please every palate. All feature plenty of the chain’s signature citrus-marinated, flame-grilled chicken and are wrapped in a large flour tortilla grilled to perfection. Below is a rundown of the two new burrito sensations:
· The Roja Wet features El Pollo Loco’s signature flame-grilled chicken combined with pinto beans, pico de gallo salsa, fresh cilantro, diced onions, and melted Jack cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla and smothered in Colorado sauce, then topped with more fresh cilantro, Cotija cheese, and served with fresh, hand-made guacamole and sour cream on the side. Available for a limited time only.
· The Chicken Avocado features El Pollo Loco’s signature flame-grilled chicken, fresh avocado, crisp shredded cabbage, pinto beans, pico de gallo salsa, fresh cilantro, melted Jack cheese, and its signature Creamy Cilantro dressing.
“With the launch of the Roja Wet and Chicken Avocado Burritos, we’re continuing our commitment to go above and beyond to combine fresh ingredients in new ways that deliver truly craveable burritos you won’t find anywhere else,” says Ed Valle, chief marketing officer for El Pollo Loco. “We’re using our fresh guacamole, signature hand-made salsas, and dressings to compliment the delicious taste of our citrus-marinated, flame-grilled chicken.”
Additionally, El Pollo Loco is offering a great deal on its flame-grilled chicken. From now until mid-April, consumers can purchase 12 pieces (legs and thighs) with free tortillas for just $12.
El Pollo Loco will communicate the new additions to its burrito line and leg and thigh offer to consumers through a multimedia campaign, which includes new television commercials in both English and Spanish language, which are set to air in select west coast markets beginning March 5.
In addition to television advertising, a wide mix of point-of-purchase materials will be used to promote El Pollo Loco’s new offerings, including window clings, interior signage, register displays, and drive-thru communication.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems