Industry News | June 9, 2011
Freebirds Brings "Way More Choices" To CA
Freebirds World Burrito, known for offering "way more choices" to custom-build rockin' burritos, salads, nachos, tacos, and more, announced that it will open its 50th location in Ventura Village at 5752 Telephone Rd. in Ventura, California, on Wednesday, June 15, 2011.
As Freebirds returns to its California roots it brings with it a fresh, new rock 'n' roll attitude manifested by a much broader menu, a colorful interior, and a killer soundtrack.
In order to get the Ventura location ready, Freebirds and its charitable arm World Works will conduct the following pre-opening events that are open to the public:
- Monday, June 13, 2011: Freebirds will partner with Food Share (www.foodshare.com) from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and again at 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. The first 250 guests during each time slot will enjoy complimentary food and drinks in exchange for a $5 donation to Food Share.
- Tuesday, June 14, 2011: Freebirds will partner with School on Wheels (www.schoolonwheels.org) from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The first 250 guests will enjoy complimentary food and drinks in exchange for a $5 donation to the organization, which enhances educational opportunities for homeless children from kindergarten through 12th grade.
Freebirds is about awesome burritos and freedom of choice. As guests join the queue, they are partnered with a team member, known as a "Roller," who helps them choose from four sizes of burrito made from four possible flavors of tortilla, which is then hand-rolled with the guest's personal selection from more than 40 freshly prepared ingredients including grass fed beef, hormone-free chicken, or all natural pork carnitas topped with hand-cut veggies and hot peppers plus house-made salsas, queso, and guacamole to create their perfect burrito. Burritos range in size from the generously-sized Hybird starting at $5.29 to the legendary Super Monster, which can weigh in at seven pounds.
Restaurant veteran Israel Fuentes, a resident of Ventura, will manage the new Freebirds restaurant, which will employ approximately 75 team members from the local community.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems