Industry News | November 16, 2011
Freebirds World Burrito Opens in Tulsa
Freebirds World Burrito announced it will open a new location at 7547B South Olympia Ave. West Tulsa, OK 74132 on Thursday, November 17, 2011.
Opening Events Will Support Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma and Tulsa Humane Society.
To celebrate, Freebirds will give the first 25 guests in line free burritos for a year!
In the days leading up to the opening, Freebirds and its charitable arm, World Works will conduct the following pre-opening events that are open to the public:
- Tuesday, November 15, 2011: Freebirds Tulsa will partner with Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and again at 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. The first 250 guests during each time slot will enjoy complimentary food and drinks in exchange for a minimum $5 donation to Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma;
- Wednesday, November 16, 2011: Freebirds Tulsa will partner with the Humane Society of Tulsa from 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. and again at 5:00pm-7:00pm. The first 250 guests at each time slot will enjoy complimentary food and drinks in exchange for a minimum $5 donation to the Humane Society of Tulsa.
Freebirds is about burritos and freedom of choice.
As guests join the queue, they are partnered with a team member, known as a "Roller," who helps them choose from four sizes of burrito made from four possible flavors of tortilla.
Burritos are hand-rolled with the guest's personal selection from more than 40 freshly prepared ingredients including grass fed beef, hormone-free chicken, or all natural slow roasted carnitas topped with hand cut veggies, hot peppers, house made salsas, queso, and guacamole.
The restaurants have a free-spirited ambience with a rockin' soundtrack, reminiscent of a late-'60s rock 'n' roll roadhouse. It's Not Normal!
The new Freebirds will employ approximately 75 team members from the local community. Freebirds Tulsa is located at 7547B South Olympia Ave. West Tulsa, OK 74132. The restaurant can be reached directly at 918-445-4113.
Freebirds offers online ordering and full service catering to feed 10 – 10,000.
Concept owner Tavistock Restaurants, LLC operates 56 Freebirds restaurants in Texas and California.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems