Industry News | June 3, 2013
Get Your Kicks with Schlotzsky’s Route 66 Promo
Route 66, also known as the Main Street of America, is the inspiration behind Schlotzsky’s latest menu additions. Running from Chicago to California, the historic stretch of highway winds its way through numerous states, incorporating a variety of different cultures, tastes, and flavors. From now until August 25, the home of The Original round-toasted sandwich will feature these flavors in three signature sandwiches.
After the initial leg in 2010, which was the most successful summer promotion in company history, Schlotzsky’s extended its journey down Route 66 to the fall season. Gearing up for another trip, which combines the flavors of the last two promotions, Schlotzsky’s has brought back the Windy City Pastrami & Swiss, California Chick, and Albuquerque Turkey.
“Back in 2010, our guests fell in love with the bold, regional flavors of the Route 66 promotion,” says Kelly Roddy, president of Schlotzsky’s. “We could not be more excited to bring back these crowd-favorite sandwiches and celebrate this historic stretch of highway again this summer.”
The three signature sandwiches include:
· Windy City Pastrami & Swiss: sliced pastrami and melted Swiss cheese with Dijon mustard and our signature dressing on toasted Dark Rye bread.
· California Chick: thinly sliced, roasted chicken breast, pepper jack cheese, bacon, guacamole, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce and fat free spicy ranch dressing on toasted Jalapeño Cheese bread.
· Albuquerque Turkey: smoked turkey breast and crispy bacon with cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with fire-roasted vegetables, chipotle mayonnaise, shredded lettuce, tomato and our signature dressing on toasted Jalapeño Cheese bread.
Schlotzsky’s restaurants offer guests more than 15 different sandwiches on its famous, round freshly-baked buns, as well as gourmet pizzas made with Fresh-from-Scratch crusts, freshly made-to-order tossed salads, and a variety of soups and delectable desserts.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems