Industry News | May 15, 2012
Gold Star Chili Launches New Catering Group
Gold Star Chili of Cincinnati announces the launch of a new catering division, offering three ways to add local flavor to any kind of event.
“In the past, Gold Star Chili has offered catering services upon request,” says Charlie Howard, Gold Star Chili’s vice president of marketing and brand development. “This current initiative formalizes catering as a separate corporate division with a newly hired catering coordinator and trained staff.”
The new catering division includes:
- The Chilimobile – While used primarily as a marketing vehicle for events, the Gold Star Chilimobile does double duty as Greater Cincinnati’s most unique catering venue. Perfect for a wide range of events from corporate picnics and golf outings to neighborhood block parties, the Chilimobile rolls in and rolls out cheese coneys and three ways with all of the fixings.
The Chilimobile is also available for corporate “Lunch Runs” for organizations with more than 100 employees. Employers all over the tri-state have already begun scheduling the Chilimobile to give their employees a break from their usual lunch fare.
- Coney & Way Bars – Perfect for employee meetings, team-building events, and committee luncheons, do-it-yourself Cheese Coney and three-way bars come pre-packaged to offer a self-serve Cincinnati chili parlor experience. Each bar serves 40 people.
- Traditional Catering – Gold Star’s Catering Group also offers traditional catering, fun food for more formal occasions. Cincinnati hometown favorites are served buffet-style by a trained professional staff.
“Additionally, the Catering Group serves a higher purpose,” Howard says. “All profits from the Catering Group go towards supporting the many charitable and philanthropic initiatives that Gold Star Chili undertakes every year.”
Gold Star is engaged with nearly 30 community and charitable organizations, a small sampling of which includes: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Hoxworth Blood Centers, the Salvation Army, The Cure Starts Now Foundation, Boy Scouts of American/Dan Beard Council, Goodwill Industries, Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library, and many others.
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems