Industry News | February 21, 2012
Harsha Agadi Named Executive Chairman of Quiznos' Board
Quiznos, one of the nation’s premier quick-service restaurant chains and pioneer of the toasted sandwich, announced it has named Harsha V. Agadi as executive chairman of its Board of Managers.
Originally from Mumbai, India, Agadi brings more than 25 years’ experience with foodservice companies to the position, having worked with Domino’s Pizza, Pepsi, Kraft, General Foods, Little Caesars Enterprises, Church’s Chicken, and most recently, Friendly’s Ice Cream Company.
Agadi will be supported by several other new board members, as well as Quiznos’ current CEO Greg MacDonald, who has been with the brand for more than a decade.
“We have confidence in Greg MacDonald and his team as they work to revitalize Quiznos and reinforce the brand’s promise as a fresh, high-quality, and great-tasting alternative to traditional fast food offerings,” Agadi says.
“Working together, we believe we have developed a financial plan that will allow the company to move toward achieving its long-term strategic goals. We are excited to be part of the Quiznos team and look forward to working with management, the franchise owners and the employees in the weeks and months ahead. The future of Quiznos is purely dependent on franchise profitability and same store sales and that is our fundamental focus.”
The addition of Agadi and appointment of new board members, as well as Quiznos’ strengthened financial position, will enable the company to focus on its signature best-in-class offerings for its customers in restaurants throughout the world.
"We are pleased to have attracted someone of Harsha Agadi’s caliber to Quiznos,” MacDonald says. “Our objective is to reinvigorate and continue the development of the unique, global Quiznos brand. Bringing the knowledge and experience of Mr. Agadi to bear on this company will help us drive the business forward and maintain its position as one of the premier [quick-sereve] companies in the world.”
The new Board of Managers also includes the following restaurant industry veterans:
- Claire Babrowski: Babrowski has served as chief restaurant operations officer at McDonald’s; EVP/COO at Toys “R” Us; and president, COO, and interim CEO at RadioShack.
- Doug Benham: Benham serves on the Boards of Directors of Sonic and O’Charley’s. His previous experience includes president and CEO of Arby’s Restaurant Group Inc., as well as CFO of RTM Restaurant Group.
- Kip Knight: Knight’s career includes senior management and marketing positions with Procter & Gamble and eBay, as well as PepsiCo, where he served as general manager of North Latin America for KFC, head of marketing for KFC International, and chief marketing officer for Taco Bell.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems