Industry News | July 20, 2013
iTi Tropicals Hits YouTube With Tropical Fruit Videos
iTi Tropicals has launched a YouTube channel for food product developers that contains lively and informative videos, providing an in-depth look at some of the on-trend and timely issues regarding popular tropical fruits being used in various food and beverage formulations and applications.
“Our new YouTube channel allows us to share our worldwide knowledge on exotic tropical fruits with our customers and industry friends,” says Gert Van Mannen, president of iTi Tropicals.
Some of the new videos on the iTi Tropicals YouTube channel are:
- Guava—The Video: An overview of the Chiveria guava fruit that begins on the largest plantation in Ecuador. The video shows details of the sustainable farming and harvesting practices behind this premium fruit. The video also includes information on processing, production, and packaging of the Chiveria guava in convenient forms like purees, concentrates, and essences favored by product developers for various food and beverage applications.
- Foodnews Juice Asia Address on Coconut Water Product Purity and Sustainability: A video of Van Mannen’s speech to the May 2013 symposium in Bangkok, Thailand, covers current coconut water trends, including issues of ethical sourcing, sustainability, and authenticity.
- Red Dragon Fruit Plantation in Thailand: A video showing what a red dragon fruit plantation looks like.
- Coconut Water and Coconut Meat: A lab demonstration showing how to utilize coconut meat for coconut water applications.
“We plan to introduce new videos regularly featuring information on the variety of exotic tropical fruits available to product developers from around the world,” Van Mannen says. “We hope our customers and friends will visit our YouTube channel often to see our latest offerings.”
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems