Industry News | May 6, 2013
Krispy Kreme Cashes In on Salted Caramel Craze
Krispy Kreme is getting in on the salted caramel trend with a unique sweet and savory, soft and crunchy doughnut treat.
From June 24 through September 1, Krispy Kreme’s limited-time caramel and chocolate offerings will feature hand-dipped and handcrafted doughnuts topped with smooth caramel, sweet chocolate, and salted pretzels.
The Krispy Kreme caramel and chocolate shop treats include:
• Caramel Chocolate Chip Cake (topped with Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips): Traditional chocolate cake doughnut made with Ghirardelli cocoa, topped with caramel icing and mini Ghirardelli chocolate chips.
• Chocolate Caramel Pretzel: Shell filled with chocolate Kreme blended with Ghirardelli chocolate sauce, topped with caramel icing, salty pretzels, and a caramel drizzle.
• Dark Chocolate Caramel Kreme Doughnut: Shell filled with Kreme blended with Ghirardelli caramel sauce. Topped with dark chocolate icing flavored with Ghirardelli cocoa and a caramel icing twirl.
The doughnuts will be available in Krispy Kreme U.S. and Canadian shops only.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems