Industry News | March 17, 2011
Local Hits Featured at Smashburger
Smashburger is serving localized burgers inspired by regional favorite flavors. These custom-designed burgers highlight the signature ingredients and taste combinations of each city, giving customers a burger built for their local palate.
Guests can enjoy localized smashburgers at restaurants in 19 states across the country and each specialized burger reflects the market's food identity and passion, ranging from fried pickles with ranch dressing in Tulsa to the guacamole and Habanero cheese-topped Arizona smashburger.
"In every Smashburger market, we explore what consumers enjoy eating and then bring those tastes and flavors to our burgers in an innovative way," says Tom Ryan, founder of Smashburger. "We're proud that customers love our burgers and that several of our local creations have already won awards for best burger in their market."
Each Smashburger restaurant in a specific market offers a local burger on its menu. A few of the examples include:
- Minneapolis – Twin Cities smashburger – layers of melted cheddar bar cheese, Swiss cheese and garlic grilled onions with lettuce, tomato, and mayo on an onion bun. Received top score for specialty burgers in Mpls. St. Paul Magazine.
- San Diego smashburger – fresh avocado, fresh cilantro and onions, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and chipotle mayo on a torta roll. Served with a wedge of lime.
- Colorado smashburger - grilled, fresh mild green chilies, melted cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo on a chipotle bun. Winner of Denver's A-List Best Burger 2010.
- Las Vegas – Sin City smashburger - fried egg, applewood smoked bacon, American cheese, grilled onions, haystack onions, and smash sauce served on an egg bun. Named one of the top burgers of 2010 by Las Vegas Weekly
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems