Industry News | August 8, 2012
LYFE Kitchen to Offer Retail Products in Seattle
Beginning in August, LYFE Kitchen, a lifestyle brand of good-tasting, good-for-you food including a restaurant in Palo Alto, California, and ready-to-eat retail products, will launch a new product line available on AmazonFresh, Amazon.com's online grocery delivery service offered to Seattle-area residents.
LYFE Kitchen, a brand recently highlighted in Wired magazine as "shifting the calculus of American cuisine," is offering a tantalizing, good-for-you line of frozen ready-to-eat meals to AmazonFresh customers. The meals provide LYFE options for families and individuals on-the-go and include four tasty, individually sized frozen meals (10 ounces per package and one serving size):
- Orange Mango Chickenwith whole Grains, kale, and broccoli
- Chicken Chile Verdewith corn polenta and black beans
- Farmer's Market Frittatawith mushrooms, goat cheese, and sweet potato hash
- Lemon-Spiced Barramundiwith market greens, mushrooms, and soba noodles
"We're happy to offer LYFE Kitchen's great-tasting, nutritious meals to Seattle residents through AmazonFresh," says LYFE Kitchen Founder Stephen Sidwell. "LYFE Kitchen products feature easy-to-prepare, chef-inspired recipes for people who are looking for quick, nutritious meals without sacrificing taste, perfect for the online customer."
LYFE Kitchen, an acronym for "Love Your Food Everyday," opened a restaurant in Palo Alto in 2011 and is now launching a new ready-to-eat product line available on AmazonFresh in early August, featuring recipes that champion taste, nutrition, and convenience for the online shopper, allowing all to "Love Your Food Everyday."
The esteemed chef team behind the product development of LYFE Kitchen Retail includes:
- Vice President of Product Development John Mitchell, Culinary Institute of America alum and 20-year veteran in multiunit foodservice operations
- Director of Product Development and Nutrition Stephen Ford, nutritional scientist, chef, and graduate of the University of British Columbia's Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Chef Consultant Jeremy Bringardner, whose distinguished career includes work for Chef Charlie Trotter
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems