Mama Fu’s Asian House, a fast casual Asian concept, will be releasing its newest Black Market Menu on April 7, 2014 at select locations.
Mama Fu’s released its first Black Market Menu in 2012, debuting the award-winning Banh mi sandwich, which was permanently added to the restaurant’s menu after overwhelming success with both consumers and critics. Following up with its next seasonal menu in 2013, Mama Fu’s topped its success adding three of the featured Black Market Menu items to the regular menu: Spicy Seoul Stir Fry, Sichuan Kung Pao, and Korean Street Tacos.
Exclusive to members of the Mama Fu’s loyalty program, the Funatics Club, the secret menu features innovative Asian cuisine developed by Mama Fu’s world-class chefs, selected through an internal culinary challenge. Chefs throughout the Mama Fu’s system compete to showcase their culinary skills and innovation inspired by travels through Japan, Korea, China, Vietnam, and Thailand.
“The Black Market Menu gives our chefs the opportunity to show off their culinary expertise and innovation while rewarding our loyal customers with exclusive menu items and unique flavors,” says Randy Murphy, CEO of Mama Fu’s. “Our culinary team continues to revive and refresh our menu options with this seasonal competition. The new menu gives our most loyal guests the exclusive chance to experience the advancements in our kitchens before anyone else.”
The 2014 Spring Black Market Menu includes:
· Beef Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps – Marinated sirloin with yellow onions and ginger, served with chili paste, kimchi, house pickled vegetables, and baby romaine leaves
· Vietnamese Meatball Skewers – Chicken, beef and pork meatballs handmade with lemongrass and scallion, served over rice vermicelli with sriracha ginger sauce, and house pickled vegetables
· Thai Pepper Steak Salad – Pan-seared sirloin with Thai chilies, ginger, and fresh lime. Served on a bed of spinach, cucumber, carrots, and red bell with peanut lime dressing.
· Sichuan Eggplant with Lychee – Chinese eggplant and your choice of chicken, pork, beef, shrimp, or tofu tossed with red bell pepper, water chestnuts, green onions, and lychee in a tangy Sichuan sauce
· Spicy Ginger Tuna with Chilled Soba Salad – Seared Ahi Tuna topped with spicy ginger glaze, served with a chilled soba noodle salad tossed with carrot ginger dressing and house pickled vegetables
· Vietnamese Iced Coffee – New specialty beverage
While Mama Fu’s Asian House offers guests convenience and value, the high quality ingredients and fusion of flavors are the primary focus of its Asian-inspired food. At Mama Fu’s, that culinary innovation is showcased and celebrated seasonally with the Black Market Menu. Keeping its menu options fresh and dynamic, Mama Fu’s Black Market Menu is released every six months (April and October) as an exclusive menu comprised of 5-6 innovative dishes which are inspired from Mama Fu’s chefs’ experiences traveling through Asian countries.