Industry News | September 12, 2000
Manhattan Bagel Introduces Breakfast Sandwiches
The new program, which will officially be launched in the stores on October 1, will add the following choices to the chain's existing lineup of bagel sandwiches:
* The Florentine. Ham and eggs on a spinach bagel, with a choice of cream cheese spreads.
* Monterey Wrapp. Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, salsa and black olives, wrapped in a soft honeywheat tortilla shell.
* Philly Steak and Egg. Steak, eggs, American cheese, and grilled onion
on a choice of bagel.
''During the past few years, bagel breakfast sandwiches have gained widespread national exposure through heavily advertised introductions by several prominent quick service chains,'' noted David Ammons, New World vice president-marketing. ''We want to capitalize on the consumer awareness created by the recent category spending in support of breakfast sandwiches. Rise Above the Morning Rush allows us to extend our sandwich line for existing customers while focusing our media on our competitive advantages—available any time, and on a choice of more than 20 bagel varieties—to attract new customers.''
The Rise Above the Morning Rush program will be supported by a comprehensive interior and exterior point-of-purchase campaign, local print advertising, and radio spots in selected markets.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems