Industry News | May 10, 2000
McDonald's Reports Year-to-Date April Sales
Reported year-to-date sales increased 7% compared with the first four months of 1999. Segment details of year-to-date 2000 sales compared with the same period of 1999 are as follows:
* In the U.S., sales were $6.173 billion, a 4% increase.
* In Europe, sales were $3.111 billion, a constant currency increase of 12% and a reported increase of 2%. The reported increase was reduced significantly by the weaker Euro. At current exchange rates, the Euro would continue to have a negative impact on reported results throughout 2000.
* Asia/Pacific's sales were $2.359 billion, a constant currency increase of 12% and a reported increase of 18%. The reported increase benefited from the stronger Japanese Yen.
* Latin America's sales were $583.8 million, a 13% constant currency increase and an 11% reported increase.
* Sales in the Other segment were $646.8 million, a constant currency increase of 22% and a reported increase of 24%.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems