Industry News | July 11, 2000
McDonald's Takes Tour of Changes
On June 29-30, McDonald's highlighted some of its latest initiatives on several fronts, highlighted by the June 30 introduction of a new tagline: "We love to see you smile." Salomon Smith Barney reports that the following items were featured on the tour.
- McDonald's is testing fresh-baked cookies in at least 100 units in the West. The cookies, priced three for $1, are available in chocolate chip, sugar, and oatmeal varieties.
- McMagination—an interactive game kiosk—isbeing tested in 16 units, with a limited national rollout slate for July. Free games will be offered to youngsters and those young at heart.
- The Big N' Tasty burger—a quarter-pound patty with lettuce, tomato, and mustard—is currently being tested in the Albuquerque, Denver, and southern Colorado markets.
- Franchisee Geta Asfaw of the Denver area has enjoyed a rise in sales from $1.4 million in 1999 to $2.5 million following a rebuilt restaurant. The rebuilding includes "native plants such as elderberries, hawthorns, and junipers incorporated into the landscape," according to the Rocky Mountain News.
News and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by QSR, Food News Media, or Journalistic, Inc.
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems