The National Restaurant Association (NRA) announced the launch of a new Near-Chef Experience, exclusively for NRA Show 2014 attendees. From March 17 through Saturday, March 29, the NRA will select two lucky attendees to experience the annual trade show’s World Culinary Showcase from an exclusive chef’s table onstage during the 2014 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show.
“When we revamped our World Culinary Showcase stage, we wanted to make sure the experience brought attendees closer than ever to our line-up of renowned chefs,” says Sam Facchini, convention chair for NRA Show 2014 and cofounder and co-owner of Metro Pizza. “Through the Near-Chef Experience, guests will have a chance to actually be onstage as the show’s line-up of celebrity chefs showcase their culinary expertise and interact with their guests. It’s truly the best seat in the house.”
With a fitting launch of St. Patrick’s Day, attendees can test their luck to secure one of two spots for a different chef each day from Monday, March 17, through Saturday, March 29. In order to win a seat on the Culinary Showcase stage, guests must be owners or employees of a restaurant or foodservice operation and be registered to attend the NRA Show 2014, which will be held May 17–20 at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
Already registered attendees will be re-entered each day until the end of the sweepstakes. Two winners will be chosen each day via a random drawing and notified by a member of the NRA. The Near-Chef Experience contest line-up is as follows:
· Monday, March 17 – Robert Irvine
· Tuesday, March 18 – Claire Robinson
· Wednesday, March 19 – David Burke
· Thursday, March 20 – Barbara Lynch
· Friday, March 21 – Ming Tsai
· Saturday, March 22 – Maneet Chauhan/Maxime Bilet/Jahangir Mehta
· Sunday, March 23 – Art Smith
· Monday, March 24 – Duff Goldman
· Tuesday, March 25 – Pat Neely
· Wednesday, March 26 – Marc Forgione
· Thursday, March 27 – Graham Elliot
· Friday, March 28 – Andrew Zimmern
· Saturday, March 29 – Rick Bayless
The World Culinary Showcase, running all four days of the NRA Show, will feature chefs from across the country with a wide range of culinary specialties.