Industry News | February 5, 2014
Panasonic Rolls Out Improved Communication System
Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, a leading provider of business technology solutions for quick-serve restaurants, announced its latest drive-thru communications system, Attune II. Based on the industry-leading Attune system, the Attune II includes significant upgrades to enhance customer satisfaction through improved speed of service and order accuracy in the drive-thru, and provides managers with ongoing operational support via video monitoring and audio recording capabilities.
Attune II’s sound quality reduces order errors, eliminates the need to reconfirm an order, and will enable restaurants to serve more satisfied customers through the drive-thru daily, boosting sales.
The system includes increased Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) that can both remove constant and fluctuating noise, and improve echo canceling and volume control. The system’s volume automatically adjusts to account for fluctuating ambient noise, and volume levels for Attune II are twice as loud as the previously iteration. While many conventional digital order-taking systems operate on the unrestricted 2.4 GHz band and are subject to interference from other devices, Attune II operates on the restricted 1.9 GHz band with a new DECT repeater. This provides for clear, reliable, interference-free communication with an increased range and eliminates bulky antennas. Additionally, no FCC licenses are required for operation.
The new smaller, thin-bodied speaker and microphone can be installed into virtually any speaker post while the Attune II’s redesigned headset and belt pack improves overall comfort. Attune II also includes a 7” LCD touch screen Center Module with a user-friendly menu system and integrated security controls to limit unauthorized adjustments. Additionally, the Attune II can be easily integrated with up to four surveillance cameras so users can monitor the drive-thru and the whole property’s security via a live feed on the LCD touch screen.
“Delivering a best-in-class drive-thru experience is essential to quick-serve restaurants looking to maintain customer loyalty,” says Rick Elliot, director, food services, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “If an order needs to be repeated or is incorrect, it creates unhappy customers, delays in the drive-thru and ultimately affects a restaurant’s bottom line. The Attune II drive-thru communication system effectively eliminates these common pain points for both employees and customers.”
Other features of the Attune II system include:
· Real time alerts generated from connected POS systems or surveillance cameras that can be issued to Attune II headsets, enabling employees to respond quickly to a variety of issues such vandalism or theft
· 30 pre-programmable greeter messages that can be set by time of day and by day of week to include, for example, store hours or a holiday message
· 30 schedulable alert messages such as “wash hands” or “check trash,” six optional headset groups (speed team, counter team, etc.)
· One-click conversation recording for training and security purposes
· A single headset can now be registered to 32 different center modules, enabling an owner/manager to drive to other restaurants and monitor communications right from the parking lot unnoticed
· Easy-to-read indicator lights show which lane an employee is set up on and can help with initial troubleshooting
· Skype compatibility for managers/owners
· Up to 32 headsets can be used with four simultaneous conversations at a given time
· Available in one-lane and two-lane models
The Attune II drive-thru communication system is available now from Panasonic resellers with a price varying based on system configuration.
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems