Industry News | February 15, 2012
Papa Murphy's Ends 2011 with Double-Digit Sales Growth
Papa Murphy's International today announced its total U.S. systemwide sales grew to $702 million in 2011, up over 10% from 2010. The Zagat-ranked "#1 Rated Pizza Chain" in the U.S. ended the year with 1,300 locations. Same-store-sales were up more than 5%.
In an internal email from Papa Murphy's CEO Ken Calwell to all employees and franchise owners, Calwell praised the chain for its efforts serving others and making a difference in people's lives.
"Thanks to your hard work, every day we provide a fresh, high quality great tasting dinner that Mom or Dad can serve fresh out of their oven and feel good about serving their family at the end of a long day. Families are busier than ever before, and they look forward to coming together at the end of the day around a fresh baked Papa Murphy's pizza to relax and reconnect with each other. We have an amazing brand and product and so much opportunity for growth in 2012!"
Additional highlights of 2011 include:
- High ratings. Two separate surveys indicated that consumers love Papa Murphy's over other leading pizza chains. For the second consecutive year Papa Murphy's was the "#1 Rated Pizza Chain" on Zagat's Annual Fast Food Survey. The chain also captured the highest Overall score in the first-ever Consumer Picks survey, produced by Nation's Restaurant News and research firm WD Partners.
- Expanded operations. Franchising agreements signed last year equate to over 265 future stores and 30 new franchise entity groups. Papa Murphy's ended 2011 with over 500 franchise owners in 37 states and two Canadian provinces.
- Strong satisfaction. Franchise owners again rewarded Papa Murphy's with strong satisfaction ratings in a survey conducted by Franchise Business Review.
- Larger team. Papa Murphy's added more than 800 employees throughout the chain as a result of new store openings. The company now surpasses 19,000 total team members.
Papa Murphy's is the fifth-largest pizza chain in the country and a revolutionary of the take 'n' bake pizza segment.
Papa Murphy's operates over 1,300 franchised and corporate-owned locations in 37 states and Canada. The Vancouver, Wash.-based company offers custom-made pizzas featuring high-quality, fresh toppings generously layered on pizza dough that is made fresh each morning in each store.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems