Industry News | January 29, 2009
Pizza Hut Expects 2.5 Million Super Bowl Orders
Each year on football's big day, the Pizza Hut system sees an average 55 percent increase in business over a typical Sunday. Pizza Hut pulled together some stats that demonstrate how a hungry nation of football fans gets fed for the big game:
- Pizza Hut will sell enough pizza to cover more than 50 football fields.
- Pizza Hut employees would cover all 32 NFL fields lying head-to-toe.
- If each slice of Pizza Hut pizza sold were laid end to end, the pizza trail would stretch halfway across the United States.
- Pepperoni is the most requested pizza topping, followed by Italian sausage and extra cheese.
- Pizza Hut anticipates selling more orders of Tuscani Pastas, including the new Tuscani Lasagna, than there were fans at the league's two conference championship games.
- The number of WingStreet wings expected to be sold would be enough to give a chicken wing to every citizen of Phoenix and Pittsburgh.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems