Industry News | January 31, 2012
Pizza Hut to Serve 16 Million Slices on Super Sunday
When teams from New York and New England meet on the gridiron in Indianapolis this Sunday, professional football’s ultimate crown will be on the line.
And when it comes to choosing a meal for the Big Game, fans across the nation will look to Pizza Hut to deliver a championship spread just in time for kickoff. This year for the Big Game, Pizza Hut is expecting to surpass 2 million pizzas sold–more than 16 million slices–making it the chain’s busiest day of the year.
“There’s no question that football’s biggest day of the year will be the busiest day of the year at Pizza Hut,” says Kurt Kane, Pizza Hut CMO.
“Drivers, cashiers, and cooks at more than 6,000 Pizza Hut restaurants are prepping for the madness of game day. With our famous $10 Any deal in place, we’re prepared to sell more pizzas on Feb. 5 than any day in Pizza Hut history.”
While Pizza Hut offers other fan favorites like pasta, wings, and breadsticks, the No. 1 Big Game order will be pizza, to the tune of more than two million pies!
To better demonstrate the sheer amount of Pizza Hut pizzas expected to exchange hands Sunday, the Pizza Hut research team released some mind-boggling statistics:
- 442: Miles of Pizza Hut pizza to be sold on the big day, enough pizza to lap the historic speedway in Indianapolis 176 times
- 1,200: Tons of dough that will be used to make Pizza Hut pizza for Big Game orders, or more than five times the weight of the Statue of Liberty
- 90,000: Gallons of marinara sauce that will be spread across Pizza Hut pizzas on game day, enough to fill 5.7 million Boston Cream Donuts
- 80: Percentage of Big Game orders that will include America’s favorite topping, pepperoni; more than 14 billion pepperonis were consumed last year at Pizza Hut, or enough to circle Earth 13.5 times
MVP: Most Valuable Pizza
With the epic return of the $10 Any Pizza deal–any pizza, any crust, any size for just $10–fans can order crowd-pleasing favorites for one low price.
For an additional charge, customers can enjoy Pizza Hut's signature crust, Stuffed Crust Pizza. The Pizza Hut $10 offer is available for a limited time, and no coupon is required.
Online Ordering – Why Wait?
Pizza lovers are encouraged to place early orders online at PizzaHut.com starting today. In addition to online ordering, fans can place orders for their favorite pizza, pasta, and wings from their mobile devices via apps on the Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, and Android smart phones, as well as text message and mobile web.
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems