Industry News | June 12, 2001
Popeyes Recognizes Top Performers
Silver Plate Awards are presented to restaurants that excel in sales, community involvement, marketing, and overall franchise leadership. This year's Silver Plate Award recipients are:
• Sailormen, Inc. — Melbourne, Fla., restaurant
• Brodersen Management — Milwaukee, Wis., restaurant
• Janjer Enterprises — Springfield, Va., restaurant
• Marietta Management Service Corp. — Reston, Va., restaurant
• Army & Air Force Exchange Service — Osan Military Installation, Korea and
• Misawa Air Base, Japan, restaurants
• Haimarrow Company, Ltd.,—DaeAn-Dong, MokPo City, Korea, restaurant
From this group of franchise partners, Brodersen Management of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, received this year's Gold Plate Award for demonstrating outstanding overall business practices. Brodersen Management was also recognized as the Domestic Franchise Partner of the Year. The company, selected from 275 franchise partners for these awards, received top honors for its operational excellence.
"Brodersen Management exemplifies what we look for in a Gold Plate winner and Domestic Franchise Partner of the Year,'' explained Jon Luther, president, Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits. "The company's dedication to training, expansion and overall quality customer service makes Brodersen Management a role model for other Popeyes franchisees.''
Popeyes suppliers are considered a part of the team and exceptional performances are recognized each year. This year, two suppliers received awards. Popeyes named GoldKist in Atlanta, Ga., as its Supplier of the Year, and Peter Anthony Designs in Atlanta as its National Accounts Supplier of the Year.
"Our suppliers are an invaluable part of the Popeyes team,'' Luther said. "They enable us to serve our customers and are a key part of Popeyes continuing success.''
Popeyes also issued several other awards at the convention:
• Heritage Award — John Solomon, former Popeyes franchisee
• International Alternative Developer of the Year — PT Popiendo, Selera Prima, Indonesia
• International Developer of the Year —Haimarrow Co., Ltd., Korea
• Domestic Developer of the Year — Saratoga Food Group, Silver Springs, Md.
• International Franchise Partner of the Year — Eduardo Kafati, Honduras
Popeyes was also recognized at the convention by its franchisees. The Popeyes Independent Franchisee Association awarded the first Spirit of Popeyes Award to the brand's Menu and Concept Development team.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems