Industry News | November 2, 2000
Rugrats Crawl into Burger King
Customers can also purchase four exclusive Rugrats(TM) "ChatBack'' watches. The watches are uniquely designed in bold, vibrant colors and, when activated, the Rugrats(TM) characters "chat back'' to each other using phrases inspired by "Rugrats(TM) In Paris - The Movie.'' Each watch features a "conversation'' between two different Rugrats(TM) characters. Push the button on one character to hear it say one of two possible phrases -- "It's a moozement park!'' Then push the button on the other character and it chats back -- "That's scary!'' The Rugrats(TM) ChatBack watches will be available at Burger King restaurants for $1.99 with the purchase of any Value Meal (price and participation may vary).
"Nickelodeon and the Rugrats(TM) are perfectly aligned with the Burger King brand. The Rugrats(TM) are an enjoyable, family oriented property and a true favorite among kids and parents alike,'' said Richard Taylor, vice president of marketing for Burger King Corporation. "We experienced a successful Rugrats(TM) promotion in 1998 with 'The Rugrats(TM) Movie,' and we are incredibly excited to be working with Nickelodeon and Paramount Pictures once again on this fantastic property.''
The toys, inspired by the movie's characters, include:
• Daktar's Descent With Lil features baby Lil driving her own Robot Car and lets up to two Rugrats(TM) sit on Daktar's wings and hang on for a wild spinning ride.
• Susie's Super Spiral has Susie in a Rocketship. Her ship prepares to launch by plugging into the top of the toy and the Rocket Car slides down suspended from the track.
• In Reptar Rider, Tommy sits in his own rad racing convertible, ready to ride the Robo Reptar! Up to two Rugrats(TM) can ride inside the claws of the Robot while he spins them around.
• Dil's Ooey Gooey Roller Ride features Dil in his cute Clown Car gliding down a fun, slippery slide that lifts him back up to the top.
• The Rumbling Robot Buggy has Chuckie holding on tight for a bumpy ride. When his car is locked into the port, he can be wound up then released with the trigger. This toy also comes with fun stickers to decorate the ride.
• Phil's Snail Spinner is unlike any other Ferris wheel. Phil is locked in his Spaceship for a whirling ride that lights up.
• Angelica's Princess Castle Ride completes the Rugrats(TM) adventure with Angelica, the princess of the pack. In her Dragon Boat, Angelica rides up the steps of the castle, then glides down the waterfall.
"These 'Rugrats(TM) In Paris: The Movie' toys provide our customers with the opportunity to play with each toy individually or connect as many toys as possible to create their own EuroReptarland,'' said Chris Northrup, manager, Youth and Family Marketing for Burger King Corporation. "The ChatBack watches bring the babies to life and are sure to be a favorite among kids.''
The Burger King promotion will be supported with national television advertising and radio promotional support. The spots were created by Lowe Lintas & Partners. In-restaurant merchandising has also been created to support the promotion.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems