Industry News | January 30, 2003
Same-store sales at Yum! Brands, Inc. U.S. Stores Fall 3 Percent in January.
The company announced today that estimated U.S. blended same-store sales at company restaurants decreased 3 percent during the four-week period ended January 25, 2003 (Period 1).
Both Pizza Hut and KFC same-store sales fell during the period, by 4 percent and 6 percent respectively. Sales at Taco Bell for the period were flat. However, it should be noted that Taco Bell included the Christmas holiday into its period; KFC and Pizza Hut did not.
Yum! Brands' next scheduled investor communication is the 2002 fourth-quarter earnings release on Monday, February 10, 2003, after market hours. Sales results for Period 2 (the four-week period ending February 22, 2003, for the U.S. businesses) will be released on February 27, 2003.
* (Note: U.S. same-store sales include only company restaurants that have been open one year or more. U.S. blended same-store sales include KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell company-owned restaurants only. U.S. same-store sales for Long John Silver's and A&W are not included. International system sales include sales from company, franchise, license, and joint-venture restaurants.)
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems