Industry News | June 25, 2012
Seattle’s Best Expands New Concept Menu to Brooklyn, N.Y.
Seattle’s Best Coffee, part of Starbucks Corporation, today announced that its commuter-centric concept menu is set to arrive at one of the busiest boroughs in the world with the opening of a new Brooklyn franchise location.
Franchisee Eddie Shamah will open the doors of the new Seattle’s Best Coffee location near the new Barclays Center at 253 Livingston Street on June 21, 2012.
The concept menu, which debuted as a test in Chicago in March, boasts delicious coffee beverages and commuter-friendly sandwiches and snacks that will appear for the first time on the East Coast.
“We are pleased with how customers are responding to our new menu concept,” says Jim McDermet, senior vice president and general manager of Seattle’s Best Coffee. “As we grow our retail footprint, our focus is to provide high-quality coffee and food to customers who are always on-the-go and looking for convenience. We’re looking forward to expanding this strategy to our first location in Brooklyn.”
Similar to the menu offering, the location of the new Seattle’s Best Coffee cafe was selected to appeal to an expanding audience of busy customers.
“With the construction of the Barclays Center, more New Yorkers will find Brooklyn as a place where they work, live, or play,” says Eddie Shamah, franchisee and president of Shamah Enterprises. “We’re looking forward to becoming an integral part of the expanding downtown Brooklyn community and can’t wait to introduce New Yorkers to a fast, friendly, and delicious Seattle’s Best Coffee experience.”
New on the Menu
With an easy-to-navigate menuboard design and straightforward pricing, the new concept menu offers coffee drinkers:
- Customizable Brewed Coffee: A choice of Original or Dark, as well as flavored creamers so New Yorkers can have their coffee exactly the way they like it, at no extra cost.
- Signature Coffee Drinks: The menu spotlights the brand’s latest signature beverages–available hot, iced, or blended–such as Caramel Candy and Birthday Cake lattes and Caramel Pretzel and S’mores mochas. Those looking for a cool treat can try icy blended seasonal offerings like Coconut Cream Pie and Peanut Butter Chocolate.
- Hearty Sandwiches: Delicious breakfast sandwiches are made in house and available on either a biscuit or a muffin, and warm pretzel bread stuffed with a choice of either turkey or ham round out lunch options.
- On-The-Go Snacks: The cafe will offer muffins, cookies, and other on-the-go snack items such as Sour Cream Coffee Cake, individual Caramel Apple Pies, and a Cheese Pretzel Danish.
The new Brooklyn location is among nearly 100 Seattle’s Best Coffee retail locations in the United States and Canada.
Opening Week Specials
To celebrate the new Brooklyn location, Seattle’s Best Coffee is offering New Yorkers a treat. Visit the Brooklyn location on Wednesday, June 27, to receive a free small (12 oz.) cup of brewed coffee.
Fans of the Brooklyn Cyclones will also be able to enjoy a delicious taste of Seattle’s Best Coffee prior to the Friday, June 29 game at 7 p.m. Seattle’s Best Coffee’s Red Cup Showdown Tour will be outside MCU Park from 5 to 7 p.m., offering samples of two iced coffees beverages, Minty Mocha Iced Coffee and Caramel Iced Coffee.
Visitors will have a chance to spin a prize wheel, for a chance to win Seattle’s Best Coffee gift cards, coupons, and more. Every guest will receive a punch card to buy three promotional beverages and receive one promotional beverage free at the Brooklyn retail location.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems