Industry News | March 15, 2012
Smashburger Continues Growth With 150th Opening
Smashburger, the nation’s fastest growing “better burger restaurant,” brought its fresh approach to burgers to Ramsey when it opened its ninth New Jersey location on Wednesday, March 14, 2012, at 984 Route 17 North. The Ramsey opening also marks the 150th location for the brand nationwide.
Smashburger brings its juicy burgers that are smashed fresh and served delicious, along with its Haagen-Dazs shakes, tempting sides, and regional menu items crafted to please local palatesto its third Bergen County location. Other New Jersey Smashburger locations include: Clifton, East Hanover, Florham Park, Hackensack, Montclair, Newark Liberty International Airport, New Providence, and Paramus, with another location coming soon to Morris Plains.
Each New Jersey Smashburger restaurant features a regional menu created with local flavors and tastes in mind. The Ramsey menu includes:
- The New Jersey Smashburger – 100-percent Certified Angus Beef burger topped with applewood smoked bacon, blue cheese crumbles, grilled onions, haystack onions, lettuce, tomato, and mayo, served on an onion bun.
- Best’s Hot Dogs – Made with New Jersey’s famous Best’s Beef brand hot dogs and available in two regional versions: the Jersey Dog with sauerkraut, grilled onions, and spicy brown mustard, and the Italian Dog made with fried potatoes, peppers and onions.
- Bottled Stewarts Float in a Frosted Mug – Root Beer, Orange n’ Cream, or Wishniak Black Cherry and Häagen-Dazs ice cream
“In every Smashburger market, we explore what consumers enjoy eating and then bring those tastes and flavors to our menu in an innovative way,” says Tom Ryan, founder and chief concept officer of Smashburger. “Guests will be excited about the unique burger, chicken sandwiches, and salads we’ve created and we look forward to bringing these specialty items to Ramsey.”
“Smashburger has gotten such a great response in New Jersey so far, we’re excited to bring the concept to another new town and to be the 150th Smashburger in the country,” says Scott Gillman, CEO of Mascott Corporation. “We’re looking forward to introducing the people of Ramsey to our phenomenal $5 burgers and other tasty menu items.”
Smashburger was recently named “America’s Most Promising Company” by Forbes magazine (Nov. 30, 2011).
“We are thrilled to bring our better burgers to Ramsey,” says David Prokupek, CEO and chairman of Smashburger. “With our smashed-to-order burgers, fresh ingredients, and delicious sides, Smashburger is sure to continue to be one of New Jersey’s favorite burgers.”
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems